Sign in to follow this  
Travis Evans

Clutch/Idler for 36" mower deck

Travis Evans

I bought a '69 Workhorse 700 this year to rebuild with my sons. I have it running, and in fact pushed a little snow with it the one time it snowed this year. It had a 36" rear discharge mower deck on it when I bought it. Now that spring is here, I thought I might see if I could put the mower deck into service. The one thing I can't figure out is the belts from the engine to the deck. It looks like there is supposed to be an idler pulley to engage/disengage the mower deck. I have the pedal/lever/spring...but there is no pulley or bolt and whatever else is supposed to be there. Is this something I can pick up at my local Tractor Supply? Just a bolt and a flat idler pulley? If so, I'm wondering if someone can help me with the diameter and width of the pulley. Is there anything else besides a bolt to attach the pulley to the bracket?

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!!

Travis

Travis Evans

Anybody out there? If I'm not asking the right question...please let me know. I'd love to get my mower deck up and running for spring.

Thanks!!

Travis

KyBlue

not familiar with your model ... let me do a bit of looking.

Martin

a pic of what you have now would be good. im trying to find a pic of the setup on my 875 to show what that looks like. im not sure if its the same or not.

i can try and help you out.

heres a manual for a deck that may have your set up.......

Mower_Rotary_32in_RD_1968_5-2321.pdf

KyBlue

looks like the pulley bolts on the front, Pre-Tach-a-matic days ... but same theory. Its just a double pulley that routes the belt under the tractor.