Sign in to follow this  
krazy_horse

I know you guys will laugh,,,,

krazy_horse

I know you guys up north will get a laugh but what is the differance in a snow blade and a dirt moving [Doizer] blade?

meadowfield

One is cold and wet and the other can be hot, cold, wet or dry ! :D

Sparky

No differance. One blade does it all! I used mine to move mud so I guess its a mud blade. I've pushed piles of leaves so I guess its a leaf blade. I've used it as a pushbar to move dead tractors...etc...etc...

Mike.........

Steve B.

The snow blade must be kept in the freezer all summer for fear of it melting. :ychain:

Actually, I'm with Mike, mine is a snow / leaf / rocks / sand / dirt / dead truck / dead dune buggy blade.

AMC RULES

:dunno: The difference will be most certainly, what you're pushing with it. :scratchead:

Hydro

You know I wondered the same thing simply because I had never seen a spring loaded dozer blade until I looked at the Wheel Horse. Winter plow blades up here are all spring loaded but not earth moving blades.

Tap53

You know I wondered the same thing simply because I had never seen a spring loaded dozer blade until I looked at the Wheel Horse. Winter plow blades up here are all spring loaded but not earth moving blades.

I have never seen a spring loaded earth moving blade, snow blades have the springs because the speed in which it is used, if moving at 20 mph and cutting edge hits an edge or high spot on concrete or pavement, top of blade will go forward, and bottom of blade will raise up, so the blade will not end up on the road behind vehicle.

Imagine going 60mph like they do here, and blade hits a 6" edge of concrete, and cant tilt to go over it.. OOOWWWWEEEE :auto-ambulance:

And "No" I wont laugh at you.

Wyattrrp

This past weekend here in Central Mass, after a week of 80's temps, I finally decided to move the 75+ large downed pine tree branches out of my hay field, tucking them under the pine trees that line the edge of the field. Lots of hard labor which I am long past trying a long time ago at my age. These are all remnants from the Halloween 14 inch NE super early snow storm we had while the leaves were still on the trees and knocked power out for 6 days. (new generator did come in handy back then!). Anyways, I figured I still have the 48" Dozer/Snow/Mud/Dirt/Treebranch blade and chains on the C-125, so I started to push ends then trunks of the downed limbs under the 15 foot long pine branches above. The old C-125-8 with 1-1/8 axles and 8 pinions tranny dug in and I was amazed at what I could push. 6 or 7 branches at a time as they lay, with 6 to 8 inch stems and up to 18 ft long, moved back under the pines out of the hayfield with the Kohler 12HP chugging and bearing the brunt. It took about 1 hr+ to do them all but I didn't even break a sweat!! That surprise Oct 31 storm hit Mass & CT hard, taking down many trees and wiped out power lines and snapped power poles when trees still full with fall leaves got wet heavy snow piled on them. Even pines lose half their pine needles in the fall so they got hit hard, as their branches are very brittle and snap quickly under snow load.

I was once again amazed at how my 31 yr old C-125/8 could perform and save me so much hand labor. I love this black hood more than ever!!

So yes the blade is known as a Dozer/Snow blade but can also be labeled as a tree limb mover blade. I moved in a conservative estimate, at least a ton of bigtime branches with ease. The grass is greening so time for the "ANYTHING Blade" to be removed and blades sharpened for the mowing season.

Wyatt

• Like 2