AMC RULES

What's In Your Mirror?

Martin

I see the Ford but I also see a 91-96 b body wagon, man I miss my 93 caprice 5.7 wagon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Martin

Flatheadpete

It's a 1950 Ford 2 door sedan.  I left my wife's salon the other day and thought it would make a cool pic.  And yes, the wagon is a '95 Caprice.  High mileage (72k) daily driver.  3TONFUN!

• Like 1

stratostar250

post-12245-0-80908800-1403903434_thumb.j

• Like 1

shallowwatersailor

Here's the teaser until I can shoot some photos tomorrow.

post-3066-0-72523200-1405114094_thumb.jppost-3066-0-09569400-1405114106_thumb.jppost-3066-0-81877600-1405114157_thumb.jp

Edited by shallowwatersailor
  • Like 3

AMC RULES

Nice...   :handgestures-thumbsup: 

how'd the trailer do John? 

shallowwatersailor

Nice...   :handgestures-thumbsup: 

how'd the trailer do John? 

Trailer did real well. The five foot ramp was a strange on a six foot wide trailer as you had mentioned. I'm glad that I put trailer mirrors on the truck last year as that gave me a sense of how wide it was behind me. Only one  !!*# DC resident on the way back while loaded decided he would squeeze between the car in front and me at 60mph. The trailer brakes helped!

AMC RULES

One in every crowd John...  :eusa-doh:

glad the trailer worked out for you.

Fun Engineer

Happy, happy, happy.

vabypyze.jpg

• Like 2

dclarke

603 Dave? Nice!

Fun Engineer

Hey Denny.

Yep, one owner 603. Can't wait to get it home and clean her up and see if she'll start.

• Like 1

dclarke

Better post a few more pics of that one, Dave. How'd you find it?

Fun Engineer

I don't remember if it was Facebook or red square. It was two hours from here. Was owned since new by the same man. He passed 6 years ago and it's been in the shed ever since. Never spent a night outside.

I'll post pics after I get it cleaned up.

I can't remember because in the last week I've been approached by two other guys that have tractors they want to sell. I met them at our local Flywheelers show. I can't keep it all straight. I'm going to run out if money soon. I'll have to borrow some from you. ;)

Edited by Fun Engineer
  • Like 1

stevebo

Well Dave ?? You should have it all cleaned up and running by now... post at least a few pics will you !!

Lane Ranger

post-339-0-67393700-1406859132_thumb.jpg

post-339-0-07907800-1406859182_thumb.jpg

post-339-0-31963800-1406859456_thumb.jpg

post-339-0-46439200-1406859655_thumb.jpg

post-339-0-48624000-1406860055_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

AMC RULES

:text-woo: Was another fine  :wh: day today.  :handgestures-thumbsup:  

post-3498-0-29638100-1407714168_thumb.jp

post-3498-0-94626200-1407714184_thumb.jp

• Like 5

shallowwatersailor

Here is my contribution for the month. It's sort of "red" - and promotes healthy living. I don't get to sit to use it. :grin:

post-3066-0-50730300-1407780215_thumb.jp

• Like 3

Ed Kennell

Not a mirror shot, but looky what crawled into my ugly one horse  trailer today.   Any guesses on its pedigree ?

post-7208-0-13153300-1407803371_thumb.jp

• Like 2

AMC RULES

No question Ed... :handgestures-thumbsup: 

it's a :wh: thoroughbred.  

Ed Kennell

Picked up a  tall chute for the  520 and another plow.   What are the notches for on the middle section of the chute?

post-7208-0-08923000-1409070469_thumb.jp

• Like 1

shallowwatersailor
On 8/26/2014 at 12:31 PM, ekennell said:

Picked up a  tall chute for the  520 and another plow.   What are the notches for on the middle section of the chute?

attachicon.gifIMG_3345.JPG

Just a guess, Ed. Maybe it is to relieve the metal when forming the discharge chute, and/or to prevent it from forming cracks at the bend.

Or some engineer had some wit and thought: "I'm going to put these notches in here so somebody will eventually ask the question, 'What are these here for?'." :eusa-think:  :)

• Like 1

RMCIII

Well, it was not red, but it was not the color "green" that we don't talk about much either. It took my neighbor and I to get this loaded in the back of my Tahoe. Which, by the way, it did not fit all the way even with the tires removed. I had hoped to get some information about it before I took a chance to purchase it. It seems there is little info on it. There was plenty of info on it's baby brother the MC 2500, but not much on the 4800. I am guessing it was made for industrial use. I only say that becasue of the mounted hook that is centered on the machine to lift it with some type of crane or backhoe, ect. Well I took a chance. After I got it home and had a chance to look it over better, I am glad I did. It has maybe 6hrs. of total run time on it. The paint in the chutes have not even worn off. The welds are still green. It is just extremly dirty from sitting in the back of a big shed. Tomorrow it will get the pressure washer treatment and a trial run. Looking forward to fall clean up now! :woohoo:

post-10322-0-45445500-1409363162.jpg

JimD

I'd like to see video of this baby in action! :)

• Like 1

RMCIII

Jim, I think that can be arranged!

Rob

• Like 1

RMCIII

Jim, no video yet. I did try out some simple limbs, maybe 1" or less through the shredder. Ate it like candy and asked for more. Then I asked my neighbor for a nice sized limb. He came back with a limb that was well over 3 inches. Probably close to 4 inches. I was a little cautious at first. I slowly fed the limb into the chipper chute. As the branch hit the chipper wheel, it ate the limb like it was a piece of cake..... < Not really! I did have to stop feeding the limb twice because the engine had bogged down a little. Not bad, but enough that I wanted to make sure I would not kill the engine if I kept feeding the limb. I would say it was a great purchase... Yes, videos will be coming!

Rob

• Like 1

nhunt308

Its a secret for now

6d5ed582fdac97d6500de03dfe0dc716.jpg

• Like 1