AMC RULES

What's In Your Mirror?

KC9KAS

Here is a photo of what followed me home yesterday. 460 mile round trip to get a brand-new 16+2 foot "car-hauler.

20150329_120455_zpseij1blcm.jpg

• Like 4

squonk

Imagine what that will look like on the way to the big show!!!  :)  :)  :)

• Like 1

stratostar250

If we can't see it... :angry-nono:

it didn't happen Tom. 

Maybe this is my new goal, hiding them, that way even I forget!  :ychain:  :ychain:  :ychain:  :laughing-rofl:  :laughing-rofl:

I know, I know, It is hard to see, but I had to cover it though to keep off the snow and salt.  

But, here is a better shot!  

post-12245-0-85287900-1427665166_thumb.j

• Like 3

squonk

You were hiding those weights!

• Like 1

AMC RULES

Oh yeah...  :handgestures-thumbsup: 

ooooh's&ahhhh's right there. 

• Like 1

stevebo

Well Fireman hinted someone was on a haul today. That someone was me. I went up to see Duane (Baerpath) today. Had I known that Tom was going yesterday I may have followed him up there... lol. I have been looking for an XI series tractor for a while now. Duane let me know he had one that needed some work. Those of you who know the story about my survivor barn (it caught fire and almost burned down). Well let's just say I will call this one the survivor tractor.... :hide: .

Duane picked this up an his plans changed for it. He gave me a very fair deal IMO. My son Brennan and I left early today and went up and back all before 1:30. It was about 6 hours roundtrip. It was the first time I made it up to see Duane's place and I am glad I did. He has lots of big wheel horse stuff. :banana-tux:  Fireman decided to stop by as he was in the area and helped me figure out what we needed to do to fix this damage and get it running again. I really do not like to waist time so while Jeff was surfing the net finding the parts I needed I started to replace the burnt wiring with the solder gun and got all the wiring replaced that needed replacing. I had to order the igniter (see pic) and was not sure on the coil pack but ordered one for good measure. Once they come in I will install them and get al the wiring in a new wire loom and tie wrap them up nice. We put a jump pack on the starter to make sure the starter worked and it did. I want to thank Duane for a good deal, I will get her running right and I guess this summer she will get some paint too. I washed it up before we worked on it. Here are some pics.

post-734-0-30372900-1427673098_thumb.jpg

post-734-0-71971100-1427673111_thumb.jpg

post-734-0-68016400-1427673126_thumb.jpg

post-734-0-93612800-1427673659_thumb.jpg

post-734-0-21013300-1427673680_thumb.jpg

post-734-0-01456400-1427678687_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

stratostar250

Well Fireman hinted someone was on a haul today. That someone was me. I went up to see Duane (Baerpath) today. Had I known that Tom was going yesterday I may have followed him up there... lol. I have been looking for an XI series tractor for a while now. Duane let me know he had one that needed some work. Those of you who know the story about my survivor barn (it caught fire and almost burned down). Well let's just say I will call this one the survivor tractor.... :hide: .

Duane picked this up an his plans changed for it. He gave me a very fair deal IMO. My son Brennan and I left early today and went up and back all before 1:30. It was about 6 hours roundtrip. It was the first time I made it up to see Duane's place and I am glad I did. He has lots of big wheel horse stuff. :banana-tux:  Fireman decided to stop by as he was in the area and helped me figure out what we needed to do to fix this damage and get it running again. I really do not like to waist time so while Jeff was surfing the net finding the parts I needed I started to replace the burnt wiring with the solder gun and got all the wiring replaced that needed replacing. I had to order the igniter (see pic) and was not sure on the coil pack but ordered one for good measure. Once they come in I will install them and get al the wiring in a new wire loom and tie wrap them up nice. We put a jump pack on the starter to make sure the starter worked and it did. I want to thank Duane for a good deal, I will get her running right and I guess this summer she will get some paint too. I washed it up before we worked on it. Here are some pics.

Duane mentioned bringing it back for ya!  :razz:  But our 5x9 just wouldn't have held the Charger I picked up and that. Wish I had known you were going up! We definitely coulda followed each other up!  Nice pick up though!  Can't wait to see it up and running!  :handgestures-thumbupright: That sure is a nice big one! 

Edited by stratostar250

shallowwatersailor

Welcome to the joy of 5xi ownership. :woohoo:

shallowwatersailor

Started out on a brisk 14 degree Sunday morning with this trailing me to the mountains of Maryland.

post-3066-0-29757200-1427679287_thumb.jp

And returned seven hours later with this!

post-3066-0-28193800-1427679372_thumb.jp

In between there was a little "Horse-Trading" between Joe Mazur (oiluj52) and myself.

post-3066-0-90246900-1427679527_thumb.jp

This is Joe and his delivery crew, Chuck "the Painter" and Fred "the Seat Tester."

post-3066-0-09262300-1427679717_thumb.jp

And the horses that were traded.

post-3066-0-46414100-1427679832_thumb.jp

So the score between MD and PA remains the same, but I added another oil-burner to my herd! I also tendered my resignation to the "520-H Club."

Joe (and crew) did an excellent job on the conversion/refinishing. It surprised me with how much guts it has! I've got some plans of my own for some additional Bling and hope to bring it to the "Big Show" this year.

Side note: I must be acquiring too many tractors as this is the fourth time I have rented this particular trailer. And they still haven't fixed the left side rampgate latch!!! But I have gotten smart and now carry a hammer.

Edited by shallowwatersailor
  • Like 4

squonk

Nice John and you SHOULD carry a hammer whenever you rent from U-Haul!  :)

• Like 1

Ken B

Nice 

Maybe this is my new goal, hiding them, that way even I forget!  :ychain:  :ychain:  :ychain:  :laughing-rofl:  :laughing-rofl:

I know, I know, It is hard to see, but I had to cover it though to keep off the snow and salt.  

But, here is a better shot!  

attachicon.gifWP_20150329_11_31_02_Pro.jpg

Tom that Charger will wind up being your favorite snow pusher, I can almost guarantee you that! You would have had a mighty hard time keeping up to lead foot Stevebo up to Duane's! That I can guarantee you with 100% certainty! 

stratostar250

Nice

Tom that Charger will wind up being your favorite snow pusher, I can almost guarantee you that! You would have had a mighty hard time keeping up to lead foot Stevebo up to Duane's! That I can guarantee you with 100% certainty!

I can't wait to use it for next year! It's so nice with the hydro lift! Not sure if I want to put the blower on it or a plow, but I have quite some time to decide! And I bought a quick little pickup truck for a reason, I could probably keep up! XD Edited by stratostar250

stevebo

I can't wait to use it for next year! It's so nice with the hydro lift! Not sure if I want to put the blower on it or a plow, but I have quite some time to decide! And I bought a quick little pickup truck for a reason, I could probably keep up! XD

Not sure about that :ychain:

fireman

He's (not me) on his way back with another surprise! Wonder what it could be?

post-1626-0-24295400-1428081605_thumb.jp

stevebo

He's (not me) on his way back with another surprise! Wonder what it could be?

attachicon.gifIMG_0964.jpg

Well ............. Not a wheel horse and not even something with tires! Some of you know that I still own my original 1971 Dodge Dart Swinger. I bought this car when I was 15 and since I restored the car and replaced the 318 with a 360 that was built as a nice strong runner but I have always wanted a 340 CI. I have been talking with a retired guy who bought a 1970 duster and he pulled the motor and tranny that were both rebuilt but never started. After doing some research on the parts in the motor it was a no brainer to purchase for what I paid. It sat in his garage for 20 years on a pallet. My uncle is a very well respected engine builder and he will do whatever is required to make it "proper"....

Thanks to Kenb for taking the ride with me this morning to LI to check it out and pick it up. Today was a great day for a road trip...

post-734-0-00358600-1428094653_thumb.jpg

post-734-0-66145900-1428094722_thumb.jpg

post-734-0-98907500-1428094790_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

fireman

Roller rockers! Block-off plate where the mechanical fuel pump went! This only means one thing. That motor was set up for the drag strip. Cant wait to see that dropped in and running!

Edited by fireman

stevebo

Who are you kidding Jeff... You will be here to help :ychain:

squonk

I think you got Gipped! Your plugs are in crooked!  :ychain: Nice 340!  :thumbs:

Hodge71

Well ............. Not a wheel horse and not even something with tires! Some of you know that I still own my original 1971 Dodge Dart Swinger. I bought this car when I was 15 and since I restored the car and replaced the 318 with a 360 that was built as a nice strong runner but I have always wanted a 340 CI. I have been talking with a retired guy who bought a 1970 duster and he pulled the motor and tranny that were both rebuilt but never started. After doing some research on the parts in the motor it was a no brainer to purchase for what I paid. It sat in his garage for 20 years on a pallet. My uncle is a very well respected engine builder and he will do whatever is required to make it "proper"....

Thanks to Kenb for taking the ride with me this morning to LI to check it out and pick it up. Today was a great day for a road trip...

Nice car and motor to Steve! Didn't know you were a Mopar guy too. If you ever need 4 speed transmission help http://www.passonperformance.com ...... We kinda know all about Wheel Horse tractors and  Mother Mopar and the A-833. 

Edited by Hodge71

stevebo

Jeff-

I this your business?

Hodge71

Jeff-

I this your business?

My Brother. We've been doing the A-833 for close to 20 years now. He's been on the TV Show Rides (built the tranny for Hammer) and been invited to SEMA by Chrysler for many years. Even done transmissions for the pro wrestler Bill Goldberg and is International now. Theres a ton of Mopars in Sweden/Germany/ Switzerland running our A-833s and 5 speeds too

ericj

a jan 1970 cast date block and X heads you did good. some day i will get my 69 Dart GTS factory 383 4 speed running again  and just maybe find a 70 dart swinger 340 4 speed to replace the one i sold back in 95. but unless i win the lottery i'm not sure that i will get another 70

eric j 

953 nut

:woohoo:  About ten years ago I picked up this 400 Suburban near Geno's place, bet I couldn't get away with that today!  :text-lol: 

post-8798-0-45681900-1428263515_thumb.jp

• Like 5

AMC RULES

Still got it?   :scratchead:

953 nut

Still got it?   :scratchead:

Yes, I still have all three, changed out the engine on the 400 and use it as a trailer hauler, The RJs are both in the haymow of the Horse Barn waiting their turn. I am nearing the completion of a major renovation at our church and will be able to spend more time with my stallions soon. Oops, after the Honey Do List that is.