Sign in to follow this  
jachady

Road trip - Here I come

jachady

So tomorrow bright and early I head out to pick up a "new to me" tractor. It's the C125 GlennC posted for free on the Classifieds. I am so excited to have a backup for my tilling tractor. I've got a 2 and a half hour drive one way, so free's not really free. Plan on meeting a nice guy (must be to give a tractor away).

I will most likely give away the mower deck as I don't need one, so keep an eye out in the classifieds.

AMC RULES

It is better to give than to receive...except maybe for the :wh: parts.

Free is always better. :) Have a safe trip.

jimt1971

Remember :wwp:

speedyleedy

Good luck on your road trip & be safe & have alot of fun & take a lot of picture's ! :auto-camptrailer:

bowtiebutler956

That an awesome find, and thats my favorite price too. :thumbs: Like the others said. :wwp:

Matt :flags-texas:

Jake Kuhn

When you get it :wwp: :wwp: :wwp: Jake

jachady

Back from the trip, I had this looking at me the whole time -

IMAG0437.jpg

Glenn was a really nice guy, I had to give him something for getting a free tractor so I took him some Pepsi and some locally brewed beer. He said the tractor has been in his family for about 13 years, but he's only had it a year. Its a C125 Automatic with hydraulic lift, he said the lift leaks and the attachment will drop but it started right up and I drove it around and loaded it right into the truck. I'm still not sure what my plan is with this one, but I'm sure I'll figure it out someday.

btw - One of these days, my trucks gonna roll the odometer. This is where I was at on the trip.

IMAG0439.jpg

More pics to come after its all unloaded.

• Like 1

Sparky

I love the Black Hoods! Glad to hear a Redsquare guy has it now.

So what sorta truck are you driving that has managed to rack-up almost 600 tousand miles? Must be a Dodge right :eusa-whistle: .

Mike.............

jachady

I love the Black Hoods! Glad to hear a Redsquare guy has it now.

So what sorta truck are you driving that has managed to rack-up almost 600 tousand miles? Must be a Dodge right :eusa-whistle: .

Mike.............

Here's the truck that gets it all done.

IMAG0445.jpg

But here's what you guys really want to see, the tractor, plow and mower deck that cost me some soda, beer and fuel.

IMAG0442.jpg

IMAG0444.jpg

IMAG0441.jpg

IMAG0440.jpg

Jake Kuhn

Thats a very nice tractor you got!~Jake

jay in nc

nice score & thanks to glen for giving it to you , jay

jachady

After checking over the engine I found a few small issues. The carb was tuned to run the engine at full choke at full throttle. I believe this was done because the choke cable wasn't secured and always fell to full choke. It wouldn't run at idle, the idle screw was all the way in. While I was figuring that out, I noticed the governor shaft that goes into the engine was really sloppy. The main culprit was the brass bushing so I replaced it with a good one I had. The rod a little wear but almost all of the slop is gone. Once I got that all set, I got the engine running again and sprayed some carb clean to do a quickie clean on the carb. Now I've got the engine to purr like a kitten at full throttle and at idle. The engine tins rattled like crazy becuase they were missing two bolts. Then I simply rerouted some of the wires and fuel line to clean it up a little.

Tomorrow, I check out and adjust the trans. Currently the motion lever is really loose and falls back to neutral real easy. The trans engage lever handle is broken and loose so it rattles like crazy (easy enough fix), but when the lever is engaged it bounces around a ton. It's almost like the pulley bearing is bad or the pulley is bent.

I hope these aren't the reasons Glenn decided to get a new tractor, they were pretty simple fixes, although a shop wouldv'e charged an arm and a leg.

Right now I'm leaning towards keeping this one for my snowblower and selling my 416. Its nice having the same model tractors around for sharing spare parts.

leeave96

Rule #1 is DON'T SELL ANY TRACTORS!!!!!!!! Leave that to your family after your long gone (hopefully a long time from now). 2nd, I would advise you hold on to the attachments. They ain't making these anymore and if nothing else, keep them for parts or as you fleet of tractors grow, you can dedicate a tractor to an attachment.

Nice tractor. I've got a 314-8 and that 14hp and 8 speed is a very nice combo.

Good luck,

Bill

Operator

The road trippin is fun isn't it, and meeting the people is priceless!

IF you think of selling your 416 let me know, I have someone looking for a tractor and deck. PM me.

Randy

Wheel-N-It

You must be living right :)