Sign in to follow this  
meadowfield

3 point hitch clevis adapter

meadowfield

Looking to put my 12" moldboard on the back of the GT14. Research shows that I need one of these... 8-5570 Hitch adapter

Does anyone have any photos of one in use? some measurements would be appreciated too - best guess is that it is 18 inches across and rises 12 inches. I've guessed those based on the spacings on my 3 point links.

thanks

85570hitchadapter.gif

kpinnc

The A-frame adapters show up periodically on Ebay, but are expensive. One is made by Brinly, and there are other aftermarket versions available as well for around $75. Search for Category 0 adapter. Not many have the clevis portion, but they are easily fabricated.

If you're handy with a welder, they are cheaper to make yourself. 18 inches on the A-frame width (not including the hitch pins) is accurate, and 12 inches tall is in the ball park. I think mine is around 19 inches wide. Just depends on how big you want it to be. I made mine, and it works great.

muledrive199-1.jpg

meadowfield

cool !

exactly what I thought...

thanks

mark

kpinnc

Forgot to mention- All of the Cat 0 hitch pins and clips are available at TSC.

meadowfield

thats the difficult bit !

I'm in the UK and CAT 0 pins are as rare as hens teeth - might have to look into shipping from the US...

wheeledhorseman

I may have found some.

Have sent you an email.

Andy

meadowfield

So...

I dug my plough out, that thing weighs 50lbs + :hide: is that bracket really up to lifting a clevis type link and not twisting. I can't imagine the leverage it puts on the lower part of the frame !!!

What diameter is the locating pin for the clevis? 5/8"

Anyone got pictures of a 12" plough hanging off one of these adapters?

cheers

mark

kpinnc

Don't have any pictures, but most any of these adapters should handle the stress no problem.

And yes, Category 0 pins are all 5/8.

meadowfield

I'm referring to part 7 in the diagram the pin that secures the clevis attachment - that isn't part of a CAT 0 linkage

mark

Trouty56

The A frame is one thing Mark....the clevis hitch is another thing. I'd like to have one though. I'm not that handy to build one. As far strength...usually the clevis hitch attaches to where the drawbar hitch connects on tractors without a 3 pt....similar to a slot hitch. If that part of the tranny is strong enough to handle the clevis attachments I would think the 3 pt should handle it.

About the pin...I'm not sure the size of it. If you have the attachment couldn't you measure the holes in it??

meadowfield

I was just being lazy.... course I can work it all out ! might make a frame this next weekend if i can find the time and materials...

cheers

• Like 1