Sign in to follow this  
Kingwood990

The 100$ 214 Deere is home. Dad now has a project.

Kingwood990

A good friend of mine just stopped by with my new project. It is in over all good shape for its age. It needs a new grill and emblem, head lights, tail light and the carb. I have the carb though. In case any one is wondering, I do have the side panels for it.

This tractor is heavy for its size. In fact the X520 Deere was having a hard time dragging it to the shop. I also ran over my foot with it and it has some weight to it. The steering is very smooth. It is smoother than the steering on the X520. I have a feeling that in a tug of war this 214 is going to kill my newer Deere.

The serial number is C214D 033187M.

Any how here is the pictures. They are not the best but I can get better ones tomorrow.

foewif.jpg

6qjm38.jpg

120l1lk.jpg

25gze6r.jpg

119724g.jpg

Old next to new.

2n9i643.jpg

Comments and questions are welcome.

jay in nc

glad to see you finaly got it home, great deal lots of potential jay

Kingwood990

glad to see you finaly got it home, great deal lots of potential jay

Thanks Jay. I think this will be a great tractor when I am done with it. I have a push blade for it so I can use it for more things than just mowing.

Wheel-N-It

Matt, that 214 is going to make you a fine mower, pusher, and anything else you want it to do tractor. I am looking forward to seeing your progress with it.

Van

bowtiebutler956

Looks like fun to me! :thumbs:

Matt :flags-texas:

Kelly

They are some heavy built tractors, I have a 214 and a 210 if you need parts, no grilles I sold them already.

T-Mo

If you need advice on this tractor, go to www.weekendfreedommachines.com. Also if you need an operator's manual and a service manual, I can email you what I have. Email me at terry316jd@gmail.com

I had a few 200 series JDs, a 214, a 210, and a 208 and I had a few square fender 110s which was the forerunner to the 200 series.

Jake Kuhn

Looks nice. They're a very nice machine! Jake

Kingwood990

If you need advice on this tractor, go to www.weekendfreedommachines.com. Also if you need an operator's manual and a service manual, I can email you what I have. Email me at terry316jd@gmail.com

I had a few 200 series JDs, a 214, a 210, and a 208 and I had a few square fender 110s which was the forerunner to the 200 series.

Terry I am going to have to take you up on that offer. I do not have any paper work for this tractor.

There is a guy up the road from me that has a 200, 210 and a 212. He wants a lot for them and they are not worth saving if you ask me. I have been looking for one of these tractors for a few years and this was the nicest one for the money.

T-Mo

Manuals are on their way.

Kingwood990

Manuals are on their way.

Got them. Thank you so much Terry.

Ken B

Hook it up to a Wheel Horse that is comparable in size and lets see who wins......

Kingwood990

Hook it up to a Wheel Horse that is comparable in size and lets see who wins......

I like your idea. I think the Wheel Horse will win at the moment. I guess I will have to put this on youtube when I do it.

Kingwood990

My dad got bored yesterday with a 2x4 and a hammer. He fixed the grill better than new. I don't have to replace the grill now but I need a fuel pump. I noticed the one for this tractor is missing. I also got the carb last night. I also need to replace the choke cable but I think I can get by with choking the carb its self.

bowtiebutler956

How about some pics of the grill your dad fixed with a 2x4 and hammer. :scared-eek::wwp:

Kingwood990

How about some pics of the grill your dad fixed with a 2x4 and hammer. :scared-eek::wwp:

Once the camera battery charges I will post some pictures.

Kingwood990

Matt here is the pictures I promised. I think the grill turned out pretty good. It needs some fine tuning but at least now it sits flush with the hood support.

5klkoy.jpg

16k9j7t.jpg

ostt8g.jpg

This is how she sits as of 10 minutes ago.

5ff4n7.jpg

jay in nc

good job on the grill. sunstahl restoration tools in farbault minn. sells male & female dies to straighten jd grill screens< also 3 piece dies to straighten farmall grills. i have used them to redo 6 super A & C grills. wont be too long and there will be 2 jd,s cutting grass in bahama. jay

• Like 1

Kingwood990

good job on the grill. sunstahl restoration tools in farbault minn. sells male & female dies to straighten jd grill screens< also 3 piece dies to straighten farmall grills. i have used them to redo 6 super A & C grills. wont be too long and there will be 2 jd,s cutting grass in bahama. jay

Thanks Jay. My dad says thanks for the compliment on the grill. I hope there will be two deeres cutting grass. I need to get the correct carb and I need the fuel pump for the K321AQS.

Wheel-N-It

Thanks Jay. My dad says thanks for the compliment on the grill. I hope there will be two deeres cutting grass. I need to get the correct carb and I need the fuel pump for the K321AQS.

Tell your Dad he is getting another compliment on his grill resto Matt. I see he did a real fine job straightening the grill screen. I sure hope you can find a carb and ffuel pump soon. Mowing season is upon us here in NC. I mowed for a few hours today myself. Actually mowed with the 417-A. It sure felt good to take that Horse out for its first work session since I brought it home. I am sure its been at least 6years since it has been worked.

Van

Kingwood990

Tell your Dad he is getting another compliment on his grill resto Matt. I see he did a real fine job straightening the grill screen. I sure hope you can find a carb and ffuel pump soon. Mowing season is upon us here in NC. I mowed for a few hours today myself. Actually mowed with the 417-A. It sure felt good to take that Horse out for its first work session since I brought it home. I am sure its been at least 6years since it has been worked.

Van

I will tell dad. I think I found the right carb for this thing. I grabbed the carb off of Jon's Cushman on accident. They look the same but that's about it. I need to spot weld the grill corners but I sold my spot welder yesterday. Figures after the guy left with it I notice it needs some welds. I looked up the part numbers for the fuel pump last night. I just hope I can get it from some other place besides Deere.

I haven't mowed any thing yet but had done some trimming. I just need to make room in the shop so I can put the deck under the other Deere. I still need to get that oil filter for the 244-H so I can use it.

Kingwood990

Today's update on the 214. I have to pull the seat and fender pan off to remove the gas tank. I checked the tank this morning and it smelt like pure varnish. I guess there is about a gallon and a half of old fuel still in the tank. While I am at it I will replace the fuel lines and the shut of valve if it has one. Later on this afternoon I will get the correct carb from a friend of mine.

Wheel-N-It

Matt, what are you doing about the fuel pump?

Kingwood990

Matt, what are you doing about the fuel pump?

Van I looked up the part number and I am going to try to order one. I don't know what I am going to do if I can't order it.

T-Mo

Most parts are still available from Deere on their older equipment. But I'm seeing more and more NLA on some of their parts. The fuel pump is still available, it's part number AM134269 from JD. It includes the gasket.