Sign in to follow this  
unsub

36" tiller from a 1976 C-120, will it fit my 314-8?

unsub

Have the opportunity to purchase a tiller that has been used on a 1976 C-120, only problem is that the seller doesn't know the model number. I've been looking for one for almost a year now with little success. Does anyone know if this unit would be compatable with my 314-8?

Thanks!

post-6536-0-10909100-1331750400.jpg

Prater

Yes, it will work but you need the rocker shaft that is under the seat to lift and lower the tiller.

farmer

Agreed, that should be fine. I must look into making one of those rockshafts myself, I don't have one and can still use my tiller ok.

Does the rockshaft reduce lift effort much ?

unsub

What does the rocker shaft look like? Is it a part that can be purchased? It would be where the chain attaches to the tractor, correct?

Thanks.

Prater

Its a simple part. I buy mine form amazon and then go to Ace and get the two bushings and e-clips. It is a round shaft with one tab welded on that attaches to the cable at the bottom and has 4 slots cut for the tiller chain to be adjusted for different heights. i think its around $50 on amazon.com http://www.amazon.co...R/dp/B003X9LIEC

can whlvr

and you can use the tiller without (asfarmer said but it will wear a slot in the seat support,i installed a simple pulley to stop the cable from rubbing DSC00071.jpg