Sign in to follow this  
Prater

Onions and Potatoes are in...

Prater

First year with a larger garden. The wind was blowing 90 to nothing when we planted last weekend so the rows are a little curved but that did not stop us. Lots more to go but we were happy to get what we could planted.

DSC04384.jpg

DSC04385.jpg

We planted Tomatoes and lettuce today. We also planted brocolli, cauliflour, and peas last week.

farmer

:coffee:

Hi Steven,

Looking gooooood :) this month things can really kick off, we just need the weather. Your soil looks excellent, :wh: takes care of a lot of the hard work. :thumbs:

Keep us updated please. :wwp::wwp: :wwp:

dclarke

Lookin good Steven, looks like you have plenty of room for whatever size garden you want to plant.

MaineDad

I'm jealous! I am still looking at snow on the ground up here!

AMC RULES

Well...at least you're back into a coat and hat. :coffee: Garden's lookin' really good Steven. :thumbs:

specialwheelhorse

That really looks good Steven. Are you growing for the whole county?

My little dinky garden is nothing to that.We do have tomytoes and peas

in as well. We like spinach I know not everyone does. But we tried for the first time

Swiss Chard some times called (perpetual spinach) Fantastic and It wintered

over. I think we have a bushel out there now. Just put it where it wont be in the way

next year.Needs water but its some kinda healthy stuff. Would never raise regular

spinach again. We will need pictures soon and often thru the year.

JIM @ DEE

Prater

Plans are to keep some pics going on the thread. We are thinking off making a second garden just for watermelon and cantelope. Its so easy to do a larger garden when you have a tiller on the Wheel Horse. We also spaced the rows so my Troy Built Pony can till between the rows to help keep the weeds down. I think a fence will have to be added before long, we shall see what kind of critter population habitates the acreage....

KC9KAS

"The wind was blowing 90 to nothing when we planted last weekend so the rows are a little curved but that did not stop us"

An old farmer told me "You can get more corn in a crooked row than you can a straight row"!

Nice looking garden!

bowtieguy

Don't forget to sow a few "wild oats"... :ychain::huhs:

Prater

LOL Frank,

Too bad my back was shot after stooping over planting to do any more "sowing"...

Prater

Greens are starting to pop up through the ground...

1331939347.jpg

• Like 1

specialwheelhorse

Do I detect stir-fry sometime down the road ?

Prater

Early Girl tomatoes are really taking off...

DSC04391.jpg

farmer

Steven,

Your garden's looking good, those tomato plants are off to a flyer, mine are still seed in the packet. :angry-banghead::P

Question; when's your 'last frost' date ?, I'm not safe here till late April, (I can recall touches of frost into May). :confusion-waiting:

Prater

Usually its not safe until April here, but its unusually warm this winter. I tilled a few months ago without a jacket. We planted with a little risk of frost but figured we would just cover the tomatoes if it happened. Weatherman said we are safe the rest of the year, but you know how reliable they are...LOL

Prater

Planted peppers, squash, cucumbers, and green beans today. Forgot to take a pic though...rain the next couple of days then some cultivating once the ground dries...

Tap53

First year with a larger garden. The wind was blowing 90 to nothing when we planted last weekend so the rows are a little curved but that did not stop us. Lots more to go but we were happy to get what we could planted.

DSC04384.jpg

DSC04385.jpg

We planted Tomatoes and lettuce today. We also planted brocolli, cauliflour, and peas last week.

Will Those rows straighten up if the wind blows the other direction???

Prater

Maybe!!!

Poor stringline wasnt gonna take much more wind the other day. We put cans around the peppers to protect them, I thought they were going to be stripped of their leaves...

Tap53

Maybe!!!

Poor stringline wasnt gonna take much more wind the other day. We put cans around the peppers to protect them, I thought they were going to be stripped of their leaves...

I know what you mean, But in the end, It all taste good,

GOOD JOB... :handgestures-thumbup:

Prater

Some updated pics. Added a few more peppers and some marigolds after I took the pics...

Garden0002.jpg

Garden0003.jpg

Garden0005.jpg

Garden0006.jpg

Garden0009.jpg

Garden0013.jpg

• Like 1

Rooster

Wow...I knew they grew some cute red heads in Oklahoma....but did not know they did it in a garden!

I'm Moving!

• Like 2

Lars

Wow...I knew they grew some cute red heads in Oklahoma....but did not know they did it in a garden!

I'm Moving!

:eek: :eek: ROFL

Jim_M

I'll bet Steve will have his shotgun loaded before you make it out of your driveway.

• Like 2

Prater

Rooster, thats what we call a red hot chilli pepper in my neck of the woods...

• Like 1

Rooster

I'll bet Steve will have his shotgun loaded before you make it out of your driveway.

Do they go good on Salty Chilli? :ychain:

• Like 1