Sign in to follow this  
marvairplanes

Information on 420 LSE ???

marvairplanes

Just posted a request for information (advice) over on the big WheelHorseCollectorsGroup. asking for any information on the 420 LSE.

I just returned from seeing a beautiful, original, no scratches, no dents, no rust, perfect leather seat, perfect (and lots of it ) chrome.

Has been stored inside and not used for the past five years.

Started on second try.

Was stopped by my neighbor (coming out of church this mornign) and he asked if I might be interested in buying his dad's old tractor.

No $$$ was discussed...I had no idea what we were talking about.

Have never seen one for sale on e-bay...

Only one I've ever seen was at Constantine two years ago...

How much $$$ are we talking here?

I suspect he wants me to make the first offer/??????

Marv (NW Oh)

Kelly

Not sure of what the true value is, but start low you can always go up, but don't insault the guy by offering $200 My guess if it's as nice as you said $1000+ but just a guess.

You see how many hours on it? does it have the deck? they had chrome on them also, deck wheels, mule drive.

Does he have the paper work for it? might make it nice if you had the orig. papers for it.

DMESS

1st keep in mind 225 of these were produced so it is a limited build machine. While it has a certain value as a useable machine, it is at this point going to be worth more from a collectable standpoint. Ultimately you have to decide what it's worth to YOU, but it could easily be a several thousand dollar machine to the right collector. Condition and hours are going to dictate what top value would be, but a 420-LSE is what it is. I can't recall the new MSRP, but I've heard of new or nearly new examples in the $5000+ range. I passed a new one up over ten years ago for $7500. This was BRAND new 0 hours mind you.

IMO, if you have the means and can add it to your stable for a price YOU are comfortable with DO IT! Or PM me and I'll "find it a home" since it's on my want list! J/K :whistle: , You've been offered a great WH opportunity! B)

Jim_M

I know where there's on sitting in a dealers showroom. It's been there since it came out of the crate. It has 7/10 of an hour on it, which could be a bad thing, I'm sure everything is dried out by now. He doesn't have the deck or mule drive and wants $7000.00 for the tractor alone.

rustyoldjunk

ok i'll bite.....what is a 420LSE ? anybody have a picture ?

kj4kicks

Pics....

P6190254.JPG

P6190255.JPG

P6190256.JPG

rustbucket

dose LSE mean like it dose in the car industry?

Luxury Sport Edition???

rustyoldjunk

ok i see.looks alot like simplicitys 75th anniversary edition tractor.was it commemorating something? and besides the chrome what else was different/made it special ?

marvairplanes

LSE..."Limited Spedial Edition"

Made in 1986...only 225 (maybe 226)...each one had a chrome engraved plate on the hood with owners name.

An interesting observation here ...

I posted my request for info on the big forum...6072 members...Guess how many responses I got ???? NOT ONE !

I have a small group named TRISTATEWHEELHORSE with about 75 members...got six responses from that one.

The photos that appeared here in the last few hours kinda' tell the story. Do any of those tractors belong to RED SQUARE members?

Do any of our members own a 420LSE?

Thanks to all for their input.

Working on a photo of the 420 I found down the road...

Marv (NW Oh)

DMESS

Right off the top of my head I don't think anyone here has a 420-LSE, but I certainly could be wrong. Plenty of new members as of late and anything is possible!

FYI, this machine celebrated the 40th anniversary of Wheel Horse. 1946-1986 B)

DMESS

Any update? B)

marvairplanes

I've located 10 (maybe 11) of these tractors.

Would appreciate information from anyone who owns, or knows of the existence of a 420LSE.

Thanks,

Marv (NW Oh)

baerpath

Heres one that just went off on ebay 260285529444 $1825.00 and no sale in NY

Duane