Sign in to follow this  
zieg72

Mozilla versus Google Chrome...

zieg72

To anyone that has older computers... A little background. I bought my first computer in 12/2002, just 9 months shy of 10 years ago. It is a Dell. I bought the best of the best as I could afford. With age and the updates and fixes to fix the updates, the occasional virus, I thought I was up for a new one. I am running Windows XP Home edition and as IE got bigger the computer slowed some. I switched to Mozilla about 7 years ago and noticed a big difference but have had some real speed issues of late. I've used Microsoft Security Essentials which really slowed it down now I am back to AVG free edition. Found out IE 8.0 was causing me problems so I dumped that off of it as well. Really long story made short, last night I dumped Mozilla and loaded up Google Chrome... It is like a new computer. I run CCleaner and Spybot about once a month along with the weekly scan of AVG. Just wanted to share.

Shuboxlover

I run Mozilla now but I've been thinking of switching to Chrome....I'm interested in others comments on this thread.

Martin

i use mozilla a little, but i find that safari just works for me, i dont have any complaints with it at all.......

i have thought about trying chrome and opera also.

dont care for ie at all....

ccleaner is a regular.......

nylyon

Even with a NEW MacBook Pro Chrome seems to be a little faster. I DO NOT like Internet Explorer. I'll give Chrome a run for a little bit. This post is posted by Chrome (which is really grey not chrome)

Trouty56

Chrome!!!

Although for some sites I gotta load up Firefox.....

MaineDad

Chrome. I have been using it for a long time and it works very fast. Both on my Mac and Windows machines

rmaynard

I've been using Firefox for several years now and am very comfortable with it. However, there are still sites out there that have not adapted to Firefox and will only run on I.E. One of those is the http://Kohlerplus.com site. Does anyone know if it will run on Chrome?

zieg72

I've been using Firefox for several years now and am very comfortable with it. However, there are still sites out there that have not adapted to Firefox and will only run on I.E. One of those is the http://Kohlerplus.com site. Does anyone know if it will run on Chrome?

I just checked and no it does not run on Google Chrome

I too was in the if it ain't broke don't fix it... My son swore by it and when my desktop was creeping along it fixed me right up. Google chrome is easy to use and to adapt to and "My Favorites" were copied over so I am good to go....

bowtiebutler956

I use firefox, and have been very happy with it. :thumbs:

Matt :flags-texas:

chesbaycruiser

When designing web pages I need all of the browsers loaded for testing purposes, but for my personal use, I switched from IE to Firefox about 3 years ago and really liked it. Over the last 12 months, however, I've pretty much entirely migrated over to Chrome. It took a bit of adjusting, but It has really grown on me. It's very clean, it has good "hooks" with gmail and other Google products, and best of all, it hardly ever crashes. I like it! :dance:

BTW...I too have encountered the absurdity that Kohler Parts will only run on IE. In today's environment, that's just crazy. :angry-banghead:

nylyon

It's probably using ActiveX which is only on IE

DoctorHfuhruhurr

I use all three depending on what I'm doing. I've been playing with IE 10 preview on Windows 8 preview and haven't had any issues with it so far.