Sign in to follow this  
Steve B.

Berco cab (aftermarket) with pics

Steve B.

Wasn't sure if this was the best place to put this or not. Here goes anyway.

These are 'cuz ce318 asked for pics of my cab over here:

As I mentioned in that post, the cab is a Berco "universal" tractor cab.

A shot from up front:

post-4894-0-44096600-1331257119_thumb.jp

The front skirt is rolled up and zap strapped because it lines up nicely with the PTO and flywheel screen on the engine. I figured moving parts vs. plastic legguard was likely a bad combination.

A couple shots of the mount points:

post-4894-0-05968100-1331257299_thumb.jppost-4894-0-36688500-1331257343_thumb.jp

The rear plate bolts onto the tow bar and the red cargo strap is just to keep the thing from flailing back and forth.

One more of the inside top facing forward:

post-4894-0-36805100-1331257547_thumb.jp

The tubing used is fairly sturdy. I had the thought to drill and pin it where the tubes slide together as initially this one corner kept popping out. The cargo strap seems to have stopped that by arresting some of the cabs movement.

All in all, not a bad cab... it did keep snow from blowing back into my face so I could pay attention to what I was doing. Honestly, I fully expected the thing to wind up in a crumpled heap beside the driveway after I trashed it in a fit of rage, but so far so good. This cab was definately not designed with a Wheel Horse in mind though.

If anyone would like measurements or pics of any particular part, ask away and I will endeavor to provide.

ce318

Hey great pic's Steve. I will look and see how much these are. It was kind of disasterous blowing snow this year and this looks to be my solution. thanks for the posting. Do you have any pics from a distance. Did it take long to put together and was there much fab work to do? Chris

Steve B.

I will get a pic next time I have the tractor out. Which will hopefully be to remove the blower & cab. :handgestures-fingerscrossed:

As for fab work, the only thing I had to do was drill a couple holes in the footrests for the front mounts. It took all of about 1/2hr with a coffee break to install.

Here is the manufacturers site http://www.bercomac.com/index_ang.php Their dealer finder shows a couple shops in Oregon that carry their stuff. Mine set me back about $300.

Steve B.

So a couple days of mid-20's (mid-70's for those south of the border) made pretty short work of the snow around home. That means it's time to swap blower for mower. As I promised ce318, here are a couple pics of the cab from a distance.

with the sides still rolled up - and dropped

post-4894-0-65071600-1332682429_thumb.jppost-4894-0-55028600-1332682527_thumb.jp

This is why I had the front rolled up (note the proximity to the rapidly rotating parts)

post-4894-0-34875000-1332682635_thumb.jp

and as it was dissasembled:

post-4894-0-81741200-1332682691_thumb.jp

Pretty simple frame, my intent is to manufacture a better cab for next winter. Time will tell whether I get to it or not, my honey-do list is filling up rapidly. :teasing-whipyellow:

ce318

Thanks Steve. I found out last week just how cold and wet I get with the blower going. Probably my own fault you see, I was having so much fun I went and blew out all of my neighbors driveways and the road throught the neighborhood as well as the sidewalk down to the local coffee place (all the walkers liked that) then did the local gas station parking lot in exchange for a fill up for my pickup truck. Again thanks for the pic's. Chris

Kelly

I sold a tractor with a cab like that this last fall it fit ok, lots of room, in it, I never used it but I'm sure it would do the job, mine was a Berco also just it's silver.

100_3946.jpg

100_3943.jpg

100_3944.jpg

bk-scouter

Wow, lots of room inside those.

-BK