Sign in to follow this  
Kelly

Update Mich Meet and greet

Kelly

Sorry for not posting back in the last few days we had another storm 3/4" hail B) and I spent 3 days cleaning my yard, My wife planted $200 worth of flowers so the yard would look nice for the meeting, well they got pounded in the ground, so we did what we could and made it look the best we can.

Here is what I have so far for people coming, around 22+ people have said they are coming, Plus me my wife and 2 kid's.

Tickster + 1

Horsefixer +2

Teddy da bear +1

Glenjeri

Sousa Kerry +1

Perry +1

Shedtreasure

Burly +1

LFDRET +5

The list of food that will be here;

Hot dogs and hambugers

american fries

german potato salad

deviled eggs

7 layer salad

banana split pie

cookies

Death by chocolate cake

chips

pasta salad

Baked beans

if you are bringing anything else please let me know. this looks like a good bunch of food to me.

I will have paper plate's and silverware, and fixin's for the dogs and burgers.

I will have ext. cords to plug things in if needed, we have the oven to warm things also, but if you need something to stay cold please bring a cooler, fridg. space is slim.

You will need to bring your own drink, we will have ice tea, but won't last all day and my wife said she will set up a cooler with ice water.

You will need bug spray, I sprayed the yard this weekend, but there's still skeeto's out there.

You will need chairs

I really won't have room for people to ride tractors around, so don't plan on a parade or anything.

Mapquest does not know my adderess, but I'm easy to find right off I-69 at exit57

Directions, coming from SW MI or IN take I-69 north to exit 57 turn right and follow the signs about 1 mile very easy to find.

Burly I will send you a email with directions

LFDRET if you are coming for sure let me know and I will give you directions

Everybody else has been here before but if you need directions ask.

I'm making signs that will read something like, RS Wheel horse with arrows

If you need you can PM me and I will give you my phone no. I will not post it here.

I will be ready around 9:00 I pushed it back a hour as most said they will not get here till about 10:00 and gives me a hour to set up more in the morning not the night before.

Any questions please ask, I know I missed something :whistle:

The weather out look is good so far, everyone cross your fingers. B)

Kelly

Here is my adderess for those who want to try a GPS unit, let me know if it works.

4980 Matthews rd.

Olivet, MI. 49076

Teddy da Bear

I have not been there before, but the GPS works on that address.

Kelly you and your wife are going all out to be great host and hostess'. So sorry about the flowers.

My wife and I would be very willing to kick in $10 at least for the porta-potty if you decide to go that way. I checked out a couple of porta-potty websites, but no prices unless you request a quote for your area.

And you mentioned about space being slim. I am concerned about your lawn.

I have no idea what your parking arrangements are. But if we don't park on the drive what will happen to your lawn? Just thought I would throw that out there to consider.....but maybe you have. The total length of my rig would be around 30ft. including the tow vehicle (small explorer sport).

Curmudgeon

Darn it! SO wish I could come too! B):whistle: Maybe next time.....

Kelly

The lawn will be fine, I have made aragements for truck and trailer parking at the neighbor's polebarn, where he parks his tankers at, you can unload here, and park there, about 100 yards up the road, I live on a dead end road so, we can unload in the road or edge of yard, if you are just driving a truck or car, no trailer you can park here, we had a 4th party last night and parked 12 cars here with room to spare, I think we will deal with the restroom issue here, this time, everyone has to be good in there, or my wife will have my hide. and may have a spot set up behind the barn, for the quick pit stops, not sure about that yet???

If this goes good I'd like to make this a annual thing, if it gets to big I can arrange another place near here.

I think we will have 30+ tractors on display plus I have many more that will be here in the barn and fenced lot, some whole, some parted, I will even have a few off brands here, old CC, bushhog, big Lawnboy, JD, Gambles hardware tractor from the mid 60's.

Teddy da Bear

Oh wow....I did not know 10 to 15 tractors were coming! That is an great number for the first Meet & Greet! B)

Glad you have a place for everyone to park. I think I will also bring one of those quick, pop-up canopies in case it is a hot day. I don't think the drop cord will work for us since the trailer will be a ways off. We will figure it all out.

Dale! Call in sick, it will be worth it!!!! And ummmm.....don't forget the sprayer! :whistle:

If this goes good I'd like to make this a annual thing, if it gets to big I can arrange another place near here.
I personally think it is great to have at one's home, but know it is somewhat of a hassle for the host. I think a great alternative would be a county park. They would have toilet fascilities, picnic area, parking lot and so forth. Don't know how accepting they would be of tractors though. I might check into that if nothing else for curiosity sake.

HorseFixer

Kelly The Wife and I Will Bring Our Cameras And Video Camera MAybe Ill Make Another Video And Post It For The Rest Of The Group! B)

Duke

Curmudgeon

Dale! Call in sick, it will be worth it!!!! And ummmm.....don't forget the sprayer! B)

That is a plan Mike, but I just don't do that. :banghead: Second problem is, sick pay is 8 hours, saturdays are more like 16. Who's gonna give me the balance? Plus gas money, etc.? :banghead: I haven't recovered from the Pennsylvania trip yet, and Minnesota is just around the corner. Granted, the costs of the trips are being paid from the proceeds of what I've sold, but income loss from lost hours is still a major factor.

Right now, next week is looking like a short week anyway, losing another 8 would just be too much monetary loss. No matter how much fun it may be. B):whistle:B) B)

Teddy da Bear

I know Dale....and I am sorry. Just wanted you to be there, that's all.

You know your situation better than anyone. So you have to "take care of business".

And I totally forgot about expenses for the two shows. You will have a lot invested in traveling and time off. B)

Kelly

Mike, most of the tractors that will be here are mine, I have close to 50.

members bringing tractors will be 10-15 the rest mine, most of mine are not worty of getting out to be veiwed they are ruff, but you can see them all when here if you want.

Teddy da Bear

Sorry I missunderstood your first post. I used the "edit" button and toned down my excitement on the first post....lol I knew you had many tractors.

15 or so is still a good amount (speaking number of people vs. tractor ratio...lol)

Curmudgeon

I know Dale....and I am sorry. Just wanted you to be there, that's all.

You know your situation better than anyone. So you have to "take care of business".

And I totally forgot about expenses for the two shows. You will have a lot invested in traveling and time off. B)

Not a problem, Mike. I've had to repeat the story so many times......

I really wish I could be there... but wishing is like tinkling in the ocean and expecting the water to rise. It doesn't go very far. LOL