Sign in to follow this  
Paul D.

Mid Mount Pulley Spring

Paul D.

Looking for the length and diameter for the mid mount pulley spring. If anyone could help me out with some dimensions and maybe a pic so I can see how heavy of a spring is needed I would greatly appreciate it.

bk-scouter

Paul-

Here is a picture of my setup on my 314-8 and the tension spring...

P4160148.jpg

P3040041.jpg

By using my cheap plastic calipers, the dimensions are:

• Length between hooked ends: 3-5/16"
  • Length of coil : 2-3/8"
  • Spring dia.: 5/8"
  • Spring wire size: .07"

This is an actual Toro part, no. 6135 that I bought a couple years ago, but I'm sure you can find an identical one somewhere else. ($ 5.00 at Parts Tree right now.)

Good luck.

-BK

• Like 1

Paul D.

Thanks, i can use that for the wire size but my pulley setup is different. It will be linked up to the bolt just ahead of the foot rest.

Thanks,

Paul

Kelly

BK, he has the older style pulley set up, but I have a question for you, what is the part no. for the belt on your tiller ?? can you send it to me in a PM

bk-scouter

BK, he has the older style pulley set up, but I have a question for you, what is the part no. for the belt on your tiller ?? can you send it to me in a PM

Kelly-

My tiller belt is Toro #110265. This is based on 79370 tiller IPL for 1996 manuf. year. I bought this belt last year and has worked fine. I also sent you a PM Kelly.

Paul, did you check the IPL to see if Toro might have used the same part number for your older setup?

-BK