Sign in to follow this  
Kelly

Went to the WH dealer to pick up parts and found this!!

Kelly

I as the title says went to the local dealer to pick up some parts I ordered, when I pulled in there sets a 420 LSE for sale, me and my son Ryan went right over to the lot to take a look, it was in good shape but has been neglected over the years, I talked to the owner of the dealership, he is selling it on consignment the owner wants $1250, his brother bought it new from this same dealer, I was told till a few years ago the guy that bought it new kept very good care of it washed and waxed always covered with the orig WH cover, but not his brother after he got it, the dealer says it runs great trans is good, just cosmetics are getting bad, it has set in this same spot all winter, waiting for someone to buy it and take care of it, it has 1700 hours on it, the seat is poor, some of the chrome is very poor, but most is in good shape with minor rust, deck is so so, I told the dealer to tell the owner I'll give them $500, but I figure he will not except the offer, but it never hurts to ask.

post-85-0-53632700-1330743210_thumb.jpg

post-85-0-14616500-1330743242_thumb.jpg

post-85-0-75115500-1330743259_thumb.jpg

post-85-0-22916600-1330743277_thumb.jpg

He also has a D250 setting in the lot that does not run, the owner brought it to him to get running but it needs ign. parts he can not get any more, he thinks the owner of the D has a tiller, loader, blower and other attachments for it, I told him to give them my no. also.

Then as I was leaving he said go look out back at my junk yard, so I did, mostly newer throw away stuff, but there is a few older machines I'm going to see about buying, but the there is a XI serires tractor no hood not sure on the model, but it has power steering, and a V twin 22hp Kohler, not sure what is wrong with it, has a nice big deck, looks to have set there for a while.

can whlvr

ya i think you are you are in the ball park kelly,she has alot of hours for that kinda cash,even though its a kohler,its up there,was 86 the only year for the 420

jay in nc

wow ,hope you get it ,or pass it along to someone who will do it over !

Martin

its a shame that the brother let it go like that. what is it with some people? i guess some things mean more to some people than others.................

its still amazing that even though it didnt warrant looking after (from their actions), when it comes time to sell, they want good money.....

bowtiebutler956

Wow that 420 lse sure does have alot of chrome. I like it!! :thumbs: Good Luck.

Matt

Kelly

Well truth be told the dealer says he wants $1450 but will take $1250 if some one is real interested send me a PM I'll give you the info, to me it;s a $800 tractor as it sets but not to me, but if they take the offer I'll own it.

whc160

My local dealer has one in his show room that he kept for himself. He loans it out to pull small floats for parades they have here in town. Thats all the work it has ever seen.

AMC RULES

:text-coolphotos:

Gene_S

Did you happen to see the S/N on the unit Kelly? I'd take the Cub in picture two with the blower on it...

varosd

looks nice, even with all the hours. not many made and not many still around! too bad they don't have a covered area at least.

Jake Kuhn

Wow,never know when you will find things like that in your backyard. Jake

Kelly

No I didn't get the serial no. I thought of that as I was leaving, and it was past closing time, he stayed open for me till I got there to pick up my parts, you have to love customer service, And Gene I was going to send you a PM but I can't? anyway the cub is for sale and has a nice cab on it, if you want I can find out a price?

Wheel-N-It

Yes thats a cool Horse, should have been taken care of. The brother is a DA for lettiing it detiorate to this condition.

Asking way too much for it though, but who knows, somebody might pay it.

Gene_S

Kelly don't worry about the Cub... As for the Pm someone else said they tried to send me a message and it didn't work. As for the 420 hope you can score it because that would sure be nice to push back in the corner for a restore some day.

IthacaJeff

I think you folks may be a bit hard on the brother. The tractor is about 20 years old and looks to be in relatively

good shape. . . it only looks like it has been USED! I realize the 420 LSE is a special tractor, but if I had it in my

stable it would be mowing, plowing, and tilling. Gotta earn your keep. And perhaps the brother did not have a

covered space. And perhaps he had better things to do than wax the tractor, I know I do.

Jeff

Kelly

I was told the brother is a farmer, and it was inside a barn but never cleaned, the dealer said about 5-7 years ago it still looked near show room new, probably why it is not a terrible shape now, if I can get it for a price I can aford I will pick it up, clean it up and will be a some day project, but would go to shows as is.

stevasaurus

Looks like a nice horse Kelly...hope you get it...would be great to see that at the show in Charlotte. :)