Sign in to follow this  
radarme

Rebuilt Engine?

radarme

I bought a C-121 recently and I am currently doing a fully resto on it. Was about to order decals and I noticed some decals that indicate the engine was rebuilt using a short/mini block. What does that mean? I'd like to get just one decal that has the model no and engine spec no but I'm not sure which one to use or if I need both sets..... Here are some pics....

post-5908-0-02642900-1330694073_thumb.jp

post-5908-0-62688200-1330694093_thumb.jp

post-5908-0-30554000-1330694106.jpg

post-5908-0-53414800-1330694318_thumb.jp

Edited by radarme

WH854

I bought a C-121 recently and I am currently doing a fully resto on it. Was about to order decals and I noticed some decals that indicate the engine was rebuilt using a short/mini block. What does that mean? I'd like to get just one decal that has the model no and engine spec no but I'm not sure which one to use or if I need both sets..... Here are some pics....

If you have an owners manual or a service manual, will tell you what miniblock was used. Kohler says (P/N 47 782 62 K301 miniblock discontinued)

Serial# 2506620551 First 2 numbers means the year 25 means 1995 year the rest are a factory code. I would get all the decal you have on it now :thumbs: You can go here and get the information I just gave you.

http://www.kohlerplus.com/login.asp

BTW :WRS:

Chas

AMC RULES

I would think that is a pretty rare decal in and of itself...correct? :dunno:

I'm assuming they would be dealer applied? :popcorn:

WH854

I would think that is a pretty rare decal in and of itself...correct? :dunno:

I'm assuming they would be dealer applied? :popcorn:

I would assume that decal was shipped with the miniblock, to the dealer who installed it. :thumbs: Also looks like there should be a Model# there applying to to the miniblock.

Chas

radarme

did a little googling on that shortblock spec number..... A brand new one can be had for only $1400 - 1900!

bowtiebutler956

Ouch!