Sign in to follow this  
HorseFixer

Picked Up This 1988 - 89? 520-H Junker

HorseFixer

:) :whistle:

can whlvr

hey duke,around me you cant but a 12hp kohler for 200 bucks,so that 312 sounds like a good deal too

Wheel-N-It

Another good score ( 312-8 ) for DUKE !!!

546cowboy

The hood decals are for a 1990 but from that picture of the model tag it looks like 3120OE01 would be 1988 ad 3120OE02 would be 1989.

HorseFixer

Well went and picked up the 520 Junker yesterday and did some work on it today. Figure a new Seat and Wax Job and it will be good as new! :ychain: The guy who traded it in said it had wiring problems.Well that turned out to be an understatement. I can explain things better in a video. Tell me what you think about the flashing light and the engine sound when throttling down.

Cheers ~Duke

:beer:

BOWTIE

HELLO DUKE, I HAVE A LATE 88 520H. MT LIGHT FLASHES ON TEST. SOME OF MY GAGES ARE IN DIFFERENT LOCATION. I GOT 175.00 IN MINE WITH 1185 HOURS AND 48" DECK. THE HYDRAULIC WAS NOT ADJUSTED RIGHT AND PULLED THE FRONT MOUNTS OUT OF DECK, IT IS REPAIRED NOW. SEND ME PM AND I WILL SEND YOU PICTURES OF MY DASH. DO ALL 520's HAVE ELECTRICAL PROBLEMS IN FUSE BOX?

BOWTIE IN OHIO

• Like 1

Wheel-N-It

Hey Duke, I was wondering what you were up to this weekend. Now I know. Hey it runs, that in itself is good right? A good cleaning, waxing and new seat will sure help the looks of your junker. What are your plans for the engine?

I picked up a whelhorse yesterday. Check out my thread from last night. I am keeping the Kohler 12hp K series engine, and jay is getting the rolling chassis. Its fun to drive as is but I think I might put the engine in my 520 chassis just to see what it will do.

Van

--

lOl

smoreau

Duke, The flashing light is oil pressure switch and is normal to flash when the engine isn't running, the tach and charging gauge are not working correctly for sure They are both connected to the regulator and it could be the stator or regulator problem. The vacuum gauge bouncing is my biggest concern as that might be valves. Check the hydro temp switch as I saw in the video that light was on when it was running. Still a great but for the money!! Another great video Duke. :handgestures-thumbupright:

BOWTIE

HELLO DUKE, I NOTICED YOUR VACUUM GAUGE VIBRATING AT IDLE. MINE DOES THE SAME THING, BUT AT FULL THROTTLE YOURS GOES UP AND DOWN SMOOTHLY. MINE STAYS STEADY AROUND 14 INCHES. I AGREE THE VALVE PROBLEM YOUR LOSING VACUUM SOMEWHERE. DID YOU RECEIVE MY PICTURES.. BOWTIE IN OHIO