Sign in to follow this  
HorseFixer

Picked Up This 1988 - 89? 520-H Junker

HorseFixer

Well Took MJ to a Dr's Appt today and I spied this one on the way. On the way back I negotiated with the Owner and Picked this Junker up for $200.00 Owner Says he took it in on trade the PO said it ran just fine and it quite and has wireing problems sat over the winter and the next spring is when the guy traded it in. Ive so far sold 3 decks in the condition of this one for $300.00+ So will do the same on this one and this Tractor will become a freebe :eusa-whistle: Well anyways nothing a wax job and a new Seat wont fix :lol: Here some Pics :thumbs2:

Cheers ~Duke

:beer:

IMG-20120301-00182.jpg

IMG-20120301-00185.jpg

IMG-20120301-00181.jpg

IMG-20120301-00184.jpg

IMG-20120301-00183.jpg

• Like 1

stevebo

One heck of a "junker" IMO. Wonder what the plans are for this one..

Kelly

48" deck do sell good, I think you got a very good deal.

Don1977

Pretty nice looking junker and a good price. From here it looks better than the last one when you bought it.

WHEEL HORSE BILL

Well worth the money you paid for it. I would have paid all day long good job duke.

WHEEL HORSE BILL :USA:

Wheel-N-It

Bro' Duke, You did good on this one. I had rather have your luck than a license to steal!!! :law-police:

AMC RULES

For two bills, he did steal it. :law-policered: Good score there Duke. :beer:

Sparky

Nice score Duke, but I think its newer than an 88-89. I'm thinking its a 92ish machine going by that black hood decal.

Mike............

bowtiebutler956

If you call that a junker, I would hate to hear what you would have called my B-80 before I restored it. :confusion-scratchheadblue: Great Find!

Ken B

Did you wear a mask when ya scarfed that one up Dukester? With a little compunding that paint will shine up some.

can whlvr

nice score duke,seeing how you wax and shine these machines she will be a beauty

smoreau

Duke!! You keep buying these newer, bigger tractors and your Horse room will need a expansion! 520's don't fit on a shelf very well :ychain: Great score buddy, That should give you some good parts, and help you recupe some $$$ :handgestures-thumbupright:

Edit: is that a orv sticker on the front of the hood!

Kelly

You say junker, but it ight be in better shape than the one your fixing now :ychain:

leeave96

Nice score on the tractor. I've got a similar one. 520H without the swept front axles. In some ways I like it better than my later model 520H with swept front axles. Firstly, my front blade will mount-up without the need for the extension kit. I also like the hydro lever in the center console better than the one on the dash.

Good luck,

Bill

boovuc

Hey Duke,

Is this the engine your going to play with outside the tractor cavity for me? :P

I hope she'll fire up for you. Besides the tranny, having another P220 without issues would be a dream for 200 bucks!

Good Luck!

Jake Kuhn

Thats a good Price! Nice score! :handgestures-thumbup: Jake

Herbl

It's definitely an 88-89, straight front axle and gear lever between legs and not on the column......

SousaKerry

Ya know some guys have all the luck..... next thing you'll tell is you found a C-195 w/3 point for $50 sitting on the side of the road

ol550

My guess is you need that hauled somewhere too. :dunno:

stevasaurus

did you have to give up some apple pie with that $200...nice score Bob. :)

varosd

Nice score! Save every WH we can find or soon, like a old Dodge Dart, they will be gone!

Ken B

Not ALL of the Dodge Darts are gone. Ole Stevebo has one of the nicest 340 Darts tucked away in his garage under cover that you will ever see, and it is red! YES, Mr. Chevy hisself owns a Dodge! :)

bowtiebutler956

That's Sacrilegious! :ROTF:

HorseFixer

Thanks Guys! :thumbs2: Now Common :snooty: some of you guys gotta lotta room to talk! :eusa-whistle: some of the deals I see you all make is pretty close to Horse Theifing :lol: I havent heard it run yet :dunno: I just hope the engine and tranny are good, thats the main thing. The last one I got was a Handy Man Special and due to no ones fault I got Bucked :wicked: more the Hue Heffner :jaw:

Now the nice part is this Guy has a Lawnmower shop and he has a graveyard full of tractors and I now that I made a friend and he is sure to be calling me again when he gets more Horses. He has another one its a 312 8 that has a Sweet Running Kohler Engine that he wants 175.00 for. Somone painted the hood and tractor with a brush but hey thats better than letting it rust! He told me any of these tractors I take if I dont like um he will give me my money back So Really I dont see how I can go wrong. :thumbs:

I havent picked it up yet and will wait till I get the New Snow Chucker back together so I will have some room.

~Duke

Martin

duke, i think i need to visit this 'friend' of yours come charlotte show this summer.........