Sign in to follow this  
HorseFixer

Best Place To Buy Chains For 520 Dont Want SPINDLEY ONES

HorseFixer

Who has the best price on 2 link chains? :dunno: I dont want any cheap Spindley :eusa-think: ones but yet dont want to mortgage the Duke "O" Minium either. :whistle"

:thanks: ~Duke

Kelly

Nice heavy duty chains are going to run you $150+ I know the local JD dealer has nice ones, ebay, but it's a crap shoot till they are in your hand as to how nice they are, have you thought about the rubber ones you do have a cement driveway.

Forest Road

http://tirechain.com/GardenTractorChains.htm

pfrederi

I got an old set from my fathers house cut them down and use on the L107. These chains were from the late 40s (7.00 x15)...serious steel. Look at auctions there are frequently car tire chains and since no one knows the size they go cheap. Just be sure they are wide enough (and not to wide (truck chains) you can fix length and cross link spacing but width is too hard to fix

IthacaJeff

I got a set of 4 link v-bars off an Ebay vendor, with shipping, for my 23 x 8.5 x 12

tires for $34. The trick was to get them off season (like now?), scan the vendor's

webpages for better deals, and buy ATV sized chains rather than tractor. I dunno,

but they were all cheaper when listed for ATVs. I had to figure out the length I

needed based on my tire size and "translate" that into ATV sizing. But, it worked,

and the chains are nice. Cannot recall the vendor. I put the chains on over my

4 link non-v-bars, so I sorta have a 2 links set.

Jeff