Sign in to follow this  
Sparky

The best deal from the most unlikely place...

Sparky

So there are two sets of WH front wheel weights on E-bay right now, one set for $149 and the other for $200. I managed to buy a set for half of the cheaper set on E-bay from of all places..... a TORO dealer!!

Today I was at the TORO dealer I use for parts, picking up stuff, and on a shelf were a set of used front weights with the complete mounting hardware kit for both the narrow and wide front rims. How could I say no!

Just when you think your dealer is the most expensive place to shop this happens. I've been buying parts and even a tractor from this place for about 4-5 years now and the guys behind the counter and in the showroom recognize me so maybe that helped sweeten the deal since the sticker price is not what I paid.

Now which tractor will get em... :eusa-think: ?

Mike............

post-2-0-91496800-1330388070_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

smoreau

Mine!! :ychain: Sweet deal Sparky!!

can whlvr

nice grab there sparky,im a cheap guy but i beleive in using the dealer for a fair bit of stuff,thats you payoff for being loyal

bowtiebutler956

Great find, I think those would look real nice on my B-80. :ychain:

whfan74

Good deal indeed! I am sure the frequent business over the years paid off on that purchase. You are helping them keep the lights on and small business owners keep track of those repeat customers.

Enjoy the new purchase!

Kelly

Nice deal you got there, ebay is a good place to sell not buy most of the time.

Yes I use one of 2 local toro dealers both still have WH signs hanging on the buildings, in fact I have a small list of stuff to order tomorrow.

Jake Kuhn

Your lucky. My small engine shop won't let anything go for cheap. He has a 312-8 that he won't let go for a penny less than 600 dollars. Jake

Don1977

I have bought parts from10 or 12 different dealers that are now out of business some of them 15 to 25 miles from where I live. The last one doesn't sell Toro but bought out an old Wheel Horse Dealer and can still get parts. The only Wheel Horse Dealer around here that I know of is Killigans in Hickory, NC that is 50 miles from me.

AMC RULES

Yeah, on top of the list...those two :wh: signs Kelly. :thumbs:

• Like 1

stevebo

I would put them on your "Sunday" driver ....

HorseFixer

Mike............

Awe Mike ya shouldnt have.... :eusa-whistle: an early B day present for the Duke :ychain:

Sparky

I would put them on your "Sunday" driver ....

Ummm....Sunday is my day off so I drive em all on Sunday Steve :eusa-think: .

Mike.........

Old Ways

Mike............

Awe Mike ya shouldnt have.... :eusa-whistle: an early B day present for the Duke :ychain:

My B-day is Friday... Hmm... Nice find anyway!

CasualObserver

You do know what sticker price is on those, right? Last time I checked (a few years back) they were $179.99 for those cast front weights. ($219.99 for the 50 lb cast rears!) I'm sure they've gone up since then.

Old Ways

You do know what sticker price is on those, right? Last time I checked (a few years back) they were $179.99 for those cast front weights. ($219.99 for the 50 lb cast rears!) I'm sure they've gone up since then.

Ouch? That is a dent in the old wallet... I can pour lead for $1/lb

Sparky

And the winner is.............My 416-H with a 48" plow got the new front weights. Might even get to see if they make a differance in steering in the snow if the weather guessers are right :eusa-think: .

Mike..........