Sign in to follow this  
Lanse

LT1100 again (long)

Lanse

Hello again.

A week or two ago i posted a question about the value of a LT1100. Since its not exactially collectable-and was my first tractor-i've decided to restore it. I am working on two ACs (B and C) right now, but thats proving to be expencive and very time consuming for a 14 year old. The minor part i need next doesnt even ship for two weeks. I have empty garage space to work with now, and this was a very good machine-so why not??

This morning, i pulled it out of the weeds where its been for a few months. I set the choke and pulled the rope and it took on the first pull (got to love them old B&S). Since the clutch doesnt work i eased it into 3rd and it started moving. Its a little different then the compact tractors we use around here now :whistle: I drove it up to the house and parked it and took some pictures which i'll post. Its rough to say the least.

The rear tires are new as of Dec. 06 and the fronts are good. It had peeling grey paint when i got it, and to keep it from rusting i sprayed it red when i was doing a pair of cultivators-which is now peeling on top of the old grey paint. I got this machine in the fall of 2006 in rough condition. Being broke, i traded the mower deck for a good mag (im told the guy scrapped it B) ). I used it with a little cultivator to do a fair amount of plowing down 2-4 inches. In the spring of 07 my dad suprised me with a compact tractor which retired the little old wheelhorse and i parked it in the garage occasionally pulling it out. I did a bunch of odd jobs in 2007 and Last winter i began restoring the twins, two allises, which required me to get the wheelhorse out of the garage and put it where it has sat for 7 months, with a 7horse briggs in place of the orignal 11, a new seat, the new rears and some cruddy paint, and a non working clutch.

So i guess i'll get it going right before i worry about how it looks.

My first problem(s)

The engine shoots grey smoke when you accerelerate

The clutch doesnt work (what do i check??)

something rattles really bad

its missing the plate over the shift arm

The engine dies under 3/4 throttle and a light load-smoking and then overheating and dieing (i suspect its the rings. I got someone up the road to do a ring job if i supplied the rings. I think he knew what it really needed, hustled my rings and fixed it temperarially)

so where do i begin???

Lanse

c1902.jpg

c1903.jpg

c1904.jpg