Sign in to follow this  
gwgdog66

New addition to the GWGDOG66 Horse Stable

gwgdog66

New :wh: I picked up today. 1990 312-8, Mdl 31-12K801, only 323 hrs on it. :woohoo: Clean tractor.

IMG_0133.jpg

IMG_0132.jpg

Wheel Crazy

Score! That is a great looking tractor!! :)

bowtiebutler956

Good lookin horse, and with only 300hrs she's still a baby. Great find! :woohoo:

tgranthamfd

Looks much better in the back of your pickup that it did in the add, and much better in my back yard than in the back of your pickup. :ychain: No really, this machine looks real nice. The add did not do it justice. Maybe tomorrow we can put her through the pace's, mowing, yes in Oklahoma we are mowing already. I saved the front yard for ya. Congrats, and nice haul. :thumbs:

tgranthamfd

A little scrub a dub dub and wax on wax off and I'll bet she will look nearly new.

• Like 1

gwgdog66

A little scrub a dub dub and wax on wax off and I'll bet she will look nearly new.

You say you will wax it for me!! :ychain:

Yea, route the fuel hose correctly, add a fuel filter, air filter, and adjust the mule drive belt, and it will be ready for action.

• Like 1

dclarke

Nice Gary, Really nice!

Wheel-N-It

Gary, you are going to love that 312. I have one I bought new in 1991, and I it has remained one of the best purchases I ever made. The 12hp magnum engine is very smooth for a single cylinder, and it has plenty enough power to run a 48inch mowing deck, or a 36inch tiller.

Van

AMC RULES

You say you will wax it for me!! :ychain:

Yea, route the fuel hose correctly, add a fuel filter, air filter, and adjust the mule drive belt, and it will be ready for action.

Sound like the least he could do for you, after helping to unload it. :teasing-poke:

Nice :wh: haul Gary, that thing is really gonna glow after Terry gets finished detailing it for you. :popcorn:

Jake Kuhn

Looks really nice! :handgestures-thumbup:

wheelhorse656

Looks Like a nice tractor! 300hrs Is pretty low!!!

Hodge71

AWESOME SCORE!!! Its gonna run great for you. Proven platform and in near perfect condition, it'll have a long life

Kelly

The 312 has to be on the top of the list for most popular tractors good combo of power and fuel usage, they are nice tractors for about anything.

caseguy

I have 2 of the 300 series tractors, a 312-8 and a 314-8. I love them both! Nice score! Looks to be in pretty good shape!

specialwheelhorse

That's great Gary That will do anything we got any business doing

on a frame this size. Take care JIM @ DEE

gwgdog66

I mowed with it today. Terry failed to wax it up for me :ychain: The throttle cable needs to be replaced, it kept vibrating down to an idle on me. Other then that it ran great. Before ya'll hit me with :wwp: here is a short Iphone clip

th_IMG_0134.jpg

tgranthamfd

In my defence, this is Terry BTW, I had the 315-8 hitched up @ the hose for a good cleaning, and I asked if he wanted the 312 washed up, he did not bring it over. I couldn't find the wax anyway. :hide:

Martin

sounds like a nice tractor. low hours too.

maybe one day i will get one of these 300 series tractors to see what all the fuss is about......

gwgdog66

I still like my C-160 and my C-100. I'm going to start restoring the C-100 this summer, and the 312-8 will replace it while it is in rehab :grin:

speedyleedy

Great looking find ! :)

can whlvr

nice to be mowing allredy,we still have snow and frost in the ground,if you search around a little there was thread about repairing the throttle cable,some guys recrimp the end behind the lever,or drill it out and put a bolt in,look in to it,could save you a few bucks

Duff

Great looking machine! Congrats!

Duff :thumbs: :thumbs:

gwgdog66

nice to be mowing allredy,we still have snow and frost in the ground,if you search around a little there was thread about repairing the throttle cable,some guys recrimp the end behind the lever,or drill it out and put a bolt in,look in to it,could save you a few bucks

I'll try to find that topic, I've already ordered a new one, and will try to apply that repair to the old cable.

tgranthamfd

Either Gary or myself drove this machine all weekend, we pulled the carb and carb cleaned all the passages, because it started loading up a little once in a while. That is taken care of now, and the thing runs like a top. All in all I am very impressed. I have never dealt with the Magnum engin's before, and I do like them. Good job, good purchase, and a very solid machine. Well done brother.

can whlvr

magnums are great motors,of coarse they are a kohler