Sign in to follow this  
cumminscook

c-100

cumminscook

hi guys i have a c-100 i see a lot of b-100 tractors what is the differace between them

GlenPettit

Wheel Horse had four 'classes' of Tractors in the 70's & 80's:

A-Series = small, very light weight (sheet metal frame), small yard cutting only (was the 100-series in 80's).

B-Series = small, light (sheet metal pressed frame), yard cutting & very light towing only (200-series).

C-Series = medium-heavy, can use any implement (till, plow, chop), large yard & garden, angle-iron frame,

usually larger Kohler engine, 23" tires (became 300-series in 80's).

D-Series = very large & heavy duty, large garden, more commercial-size, automotive engines (400 & 500-series).

- - - - -

Main differences between the B & C tractors; angle-iron vs pressed metal frame, 10 hp Kohler Iron vs Briggs engine,

and the C can tow trailers & drive nearly every implement available.

Sparky

Glen, the B series in the 80's was the stamped steel frame built for mowing only but the B series from the 70's (B-60, B-80 and B-100) were garden tractors with the angle iron frame and were definitly built for more than just mowing duty.

I think the main diff between a B-100 and a C100 is a slightly shorter frame on the B. I'm pretty sure a B-100 and C-100 have the same 8 speed tranny. I had a B-100 a few years back with 1-1/8th" axles which makes me think it had the 8 pinion tranny.

Mike........

• Like 1

WheelHorseSteve

In the mid-70s I'm pretty sure it was just the rear tires and the standard headlight -- the difference between a B-100 & C-100, that is. Install one of those headlights and switch the tires and your B-100 is effectively a C-100.

cumminscook

thanks guys