Sign in to follow this  
Hodge71

52" deck fitment

Hodge71

Does anyone on here know if the 52" mower deck off the 5xi series tractors from Toro will fit our horses if the carriage is swapped out. I have a chance to buy one at a decent price and thought it might fit the 416 or the or the 18 Auto if I swapped the proper carriage onto it. Thanks in advance....

TT

Positively a "no" on the 416 - or a 520-H with the forward-swept front axle or a C-195.

I would highly doubt it would fit the 18 Auto / D series either. I avoid those models, so I don't know that for sure.

Jim_M

They are much longer (front to back) than the decks we're used to seeing on the "classic" tractors. They won't fit under a D series either.

I can post a picture if you need it.

Hodge71

OK then, so what about a standard 60" fitting a D? I found 1 of these close by for $400. The only reason I asked about the 52" was I remember seeing that deck hanging on Eldon's 595HD. Thanks for the info so far TT and Jim...

Jim_M

I have seen a 60" deck on a D series before. It was the stamped steel C-195 style deck.

Hodge71

Thanks Jim, but the deck for sale is off of a 520HC. The 60" off of a Super C is totally different and I dont want anything to do with them. My brother had huge problems getting parts for his once Ariens stopped supporting it. He actually bought every spindle and bearing and part he could find. He had 2 C-195s, an 82 and an 84. Hes since sold both because of the issues with parts for the tractor and mowers. I guess its back to the drawing board....

Jim_M

I think the fabricated decks have the same dimensions as the stamped decks, but I can't swear to it. Maybe somebody can give you the measurements and you can go from there.

Hodge71

Thank you vey much Jim. I guess we shall see what happens from here. I cant wait to finish this tractor and see how it runs.