Sign in to follow this  
mattd860

Kubota B7100

mattd860

I am looking at a getting a Kubota B7100 4wd that is in good condition. No price has been established yet. Does anybody know how these tractors are? Are they as reliable as the Wheel Horses? My goal is to get a front end loader for it since it's a 4wd tractor and from various youtube videos, it seems very strong and powerful.

Ken B

Though I don't know much of the model 7100 in particular, I do know quite a few guys that own Kubota's and they have nothing but good things to say about them. Pretty good resale value as well.

ipperwash

I have a B7100 with 1800 HRS on it now for 13 years run,s great start,s on the coldest mornings Don,t have a loader for it it,s a good all around tractor cutting grass snow blowing hauling wood out of the bush

KC9KAS

I agree with the others....Although I do not have a Kubota, the fellows that do really like them. I thought the parts might be pricy, but then again the are very strong, well built machines.

A friend recently told me that a New Holland tractor of comparable size with the same accessories as a Kubota was more expensive, so there you go!

can whlvr

i dont own a 7100 but have alot of hours operating kobotas,and my skid steer has a kobota engine in it and its bullit proof,it has 2600 hours and you would think its brand new

Hydro

Matt, the only thing I have heard about Kubota and I believe it is that they are declaring their older models as obsolete too quickly and parts may be an issue.

I looked at the 1800 series diesel, probably almost the identical engine and finding a blower for that tractor at least here in Canada was going to be a problem.

I do know their little diesel is one awesome engine.

300zx

mattd860, I have a 1979 B7100 with tiller, snow blower, FEL, dozer blade, sickle bar mower, Woods mower and chipper shredder. I love my Wheel Horses, but wanted something 4x4 for the FEL and with a good 3 pt hitch and PTO drive. I have had it for 2 years and have been very satisfied. I haven't had any problems with getting parts, although some are now unavailable. The B7100 is a 3 cylinder 16hp diesel that only uses about 1/2 gal of diesel / hour.

In about 1983, Kubota added a belly PTO. It was much handier for the belly mowers than the front PTO drive. You can usually tell the later model by the number of holes in the front wheel hub. The older models, like mine, only have 4 holes. The post 1993 models have more, 6 I think.

Here is how they look without all of the tins as I was cleaning it up:

https://picasaweb.google.com/110263893958737890068/KubotaB7100

I think you will like it,

John

bowtiebutler956

Kubota is a very well biult machine, I had an 8200hst for years, and it was a very problem free reliable, and tuff little tractor. Matt

wheelhorsetroy

we have a B7500 that we use for mowing, tilling and misc. jobs around the christmas tree farm. it has been a great tractor, still low hours, but a very nice addition to the fleet of small tractors. started out with a low boy 154, then a G152 Bolens, both with belly mowers, then added the B7500 with a rear finish mower 48". of the three it get the most use.

it runs a 60" tiller pretty good, and we also use it with a landscape rake. all in all a nice tractor. obviously newer and different from the B7100, but for brand reference, a good tractor.