Sign in to follow this  
leeave96

Tractor Trailers?

leeave96

So I've got these Wheelhorse tractors and need a trailer to haul a max of three around. One tractor for me and one for my two boys.

What kind of trailer would you recommend or have seen that could handle three tractors? I'm thinking maybe one of these ATV trailers that you drive up on the sides with?

Just courious.

Thanks!

Bill

whfan74

Bill,

First of all what size tractors are you dealing with?

Those ATV trailers seem like they might be nice but for short trips we use a simple 6x12 landscape style trailer. If I don't have any attachments on the tractors I can haul 3-4 very comfortably.

gregg'shorses

check out www.tritontrailers.com they have ATV trailers Model ATV128-2 is a tandem that would tow nicely. Keep an eye on Craigslist,

rmaynard

What is your towing vehicle?

leeave96

Bill,

First of all what size tractors are you dealing with?

Those ATV trailers seem like they might be nice but for short trips we use a simple 6x12 landscape style trailer. If I don't have any attachments on the tractors I can haul 3-4 very comfortably.

520H size max for trailer sizes, including 48 inch mowing decks.

What is your towing vehicle?

Newer Nissan Frontier 4x4

can whlvr

i too have a 6x12 float,its good for 5500lbs,a little heavy for 3 garden tractors,but it is a great trailer and tows very nice,but you could go lighter,and as bob asked what are you towing with,i would think a truck if you are doing it alot,alumimum trailers are very nice,light so they dont eat the fuel,but do cost to purchase,like gregg said watch the wantadds around you,trailers seem to be a thing allways for sale,i see you posted while i was typing,i have towed many,many trailers,ive had one my whole driving life,and have 3 now,i recommend with a small truck like that you get as small a trailer as you can get by with,like i said alluminum would be a good choice,if you account 750x3 thats 2250before the trailer weight,add atleast 1000lbs and i would think thats plenty enough behind you truck,i also recommend brakes,ya it costs a fair bit to set up and they are a real pain to maintain,2 of mine have electric brakes and its a whole lot better with them,but its a big decission so take your time and research,you have a good start allready asking here as lots of guys here have trailers,covered is nice too but its getting too big for your truck imo to fit 3 machines,unless you have a big budget,then you can get a nice alluminum covered,but your gonna spend on it

speedyleedy

If it was me i would buy a small enclosed trailer like a 6 or 7 by 14 that way you can store them in it when not using them i have one its works out great for me ! :roll: :roll:

wh-jason

just break down and get a trailer like mine, its an 8'6'' X 22' gooseneck. and look theres even room for one more on the back. :ychain:

8455d9ea.jpg

• Like 1

Retired Wrencher

:USA: :wh: this is what I use. It is an enclosed trailer the queens are all ways in there.If I take out the dump cart I can fit 3 no problem. Since they are always there the is no un loading and storing them. 1 shot deal. I hope this helps. Gary B.............. GettingreadyforTractorshow004.jpg

420lse

This dump style has performed nicely over the years. Sorry this only fits 1.

MVC-004F.jpg

MVC-005F.jpg

MVC-007F.jpg

MVC-006F.jpg

.This might work.

MVC-008F.jpg

jusjeepn

If you do it right, you can get 1 in a bathtub cart!

007-1.jpg

And I can get 4 bathtub cart's in the back of my pickup! :ychain:

tunahead72

I'm just starting to think about a trailer also. I'm not close to a decision yet, but I do have a couple of extra things for you to consider:

• Check the maximum towing capacity of your Frontier, which will tell you how much weight you can safely pull behind you (trailer plus its load). Probably less important, but possibly significant, is how much weight you'll be carrying inside your vehicle (passengers & cargo).
  • Do you have a towing package on your vehicle (transmission oil cooler, heavier duty charging system, receiver, wiring, all that good stuff)?
  • Tractor Supply and Lowe's both carry a pretty good selection of Carry-On trailers, you can check their web sites to get a good idea of what's available, both open and enclosed, in a variety of styles. They both also usually have an outdoor display area, there's nothing like seeing and touching these things to fully appreciate what they're like. Carry-On is a relatively inexpensive line, okay quality, and there's certainly better trailers out there.

Good luck, and keep us posted! :handgestures-thumbup:

tunahead72

Bill,

I just remembered that I already bookmarked some threads that might be useful for you, in case you haven't run across them yet:

http://www.wheelhors...rse-hauler-size

http://www.wheelhors...railer-wo-drama

http://www.wheelhors...ed-horse-hauler

http://www.wheelhors...ghts-for-haulin