Sign in to follow this  
helimech99

Seals for an 8speed uni-drive

helimech99

Hi everybody,

I have a 1969 Raider 12 that I am restoring and I just finished tearing down the transmission. Everything looks real good inside but I need to replace all the shaft seals and the case seal. I downloaded the manual for the tranny from Toro but it does not list part numbers for the seals, can anyone point me in the right direction for finding the replacement seals.

Thanks,

Joel

bowtiebutler956

There is a link to toro here in the wheel horse tractor section at the top. Go to the 3rd link down, this will take you to a toro page, just put raider 12 in the box where it says model and hit search, then just click on your model no. It will give you a breakdown of your tractor, click on the transaxle, it will give you all your part numbers and availability.

bowtiebutler956

I'm sorry, put raider 12 where it says product name, not model. I was just there it worked great.

Martin

heres numbers for most of the 3,4,6 and 8 speeds........

input 5/8......... 6105

input/brake 3/4.......... 7410

brake/axle 1......... 9815

axle 1 1/8......... 11050

these are c/r (skf) numbers, order through motion industries or napa.

• Like 1

rmaynard

Here is the cross-reference chart that has the CR numbers as well as the Toro numbers.

http://www.brandywin...ssReference.pdf

pfrederi

Or look in the transmission forum (since you are inquiring about transmission stuff) and pinned at the top is a thread on seal and bearing numbers.

Don1977

The Toro seals are all vinyl and a lot of members have had trouble with them leaking. I replaced my input seal and brake seal with after market seals from NAPA "SKF Seals" that still have the metal casing that the vinyl seal is attached. The axle seals I replaced a few years ago I got them from Advance Auto they were " National Seals" with the metal casing. The after market seal may cost a few dollars more but they are worth it.

helimech99

Thanks everybody I really appreciate it.

Joel