Sign in to follow this  
gapper

SR-64 gear reduction value?

gapper

Does anyone have an idea of how much a NOS SR-64 would be valued at? Has all hardware and manual and new belt guard. I guess i should have called this the right name in the post title. This is a SPEED Reduction setup. Thanks for the help, Rick

Indy w h

Are you wanting to sell this item ??

gapper

I am looking to buy this and want to be fair with the person selling it because neither of us know a value for it. Thanks, Rick

Don1977

Is this NOS or used? If new I would say $125. Used around $50 according to condition.

gapper

Don, thanks for the help. This is a NOS setup. I have not seen it as of yet. I will get a look at it very soon. I will be delivering a GT14 to him that we worked out a deal on. Thanks, Rick

gapper

well i got my sr64. It is a NOS setup but did get wet at some time in it life but is in very good shape for the age. It does not have the belt with it or the hardware but i think i can get that stuff from the local hardware store. here is a pic of the SR64

post-4262-0-83251100-1330282724_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Indy w h

Looks good to me !!

Old Ways

How rare are they? I want to get one for my C-161. Did they come for that model? Does it effect any of the PTO attachments?

CasualObserver

1.How rare are they?

2. I want to get one for my C-161. Did they come for that model?

3.Does it effect any of the PTO attachments?

1. Pretty rare to find it as a kit.

2. No... The C-Series came with 8-speed transmissions as an option. This is a kit for a round hood. It essentially turns your regular three speed into the "Low" gears of the 6/8 speed uni-drive. it still only allows three gears... you just switch from them being three higher regular gears to three lower ones with more torque.

3. No, this kit was a forward mobility speed reducer. It was good for snowblowing and tilling. Otherwise you'd have to ride the clutch pedal to slip the belt and reduce your speed.

Old Ways

1.How rare are they?

2. I want to get one for my C-161. Did they come for that model?

3.Does it effect any of the PTO attachments?

1. Pretty rare to find it as a kit.

2. No... The C-Series came with 8-speed transmissions as an option. This is a kit for a round hood. It essentially turns your regular three speed into the "Low" gears of the 6/8 speed uni-drive. it still only allows three gears... you just switch from them being three higher regular gears to three lower ones with more torque.

3. No, this kit was a forward mobility speed reducer. It was good for snowblowing and tilling. Otherwise you'd have to ride the clutch pedal to slip the belt and reduce your speed.

I understand the High/Low, and what it does, I was just asking if it came for my model, and if you had to replace the front pulley too, which would effect the PTO.I think if I was to get a bigger pulley for the back, I could accomplish the same thing? I want something like this because I am going to use mine for snow removal, pulling trailers, mowing and ground work, and want to be able to have, basically a "Super Low", and I don't mind going slower.