Sign in to follow this  
mdn1081

C-195 Gt-14 Compatibility

mdn1081

I was wondering today, Are the implements from a Gt-14 and a C-195 compatible? Is the three point the same on both machines?

refracman

The only implement that maybe will interchange is the snowplow and the only part of the 3pt is the lower lift arms and center link.

The 195 has a lot more in common with the D 160/180/200. All 3pt attachments and snow plow interchange.

As for the 3pt only the rock shaft and hose lenths for the lift cylinder are different and I've heard someone made the D rockshaft work.

mdn1081

That is interesting. I guess I don't understand why they made three different machines with three different 3 pt systems. So the Gt14 is in a world all by itself. Another thing. Is the D250 the same as the 160-180-200? Or to better put it what is different.

refracman

The 3pt for all 3 tractor designs is a Cat 0. When they came out with a new tractor design, like anything else the parts change also. I would have to believe other manufacturers have done the same.

And yes some of the GT14 attachments like the tiller and sickle bar will only fit it, but others snow plow and deck will interchange with others.

When the GT14 came out is was the next step in the 1054/953 line. Full hydro with a 3pt. The line was 10yrs old by 1973 and like most other manufacturers it was time for a new design, hence the D series. The D series then ran its course of 10 years till 1983.

The 195 came out in 82 and was to take the place of the D series, and for probably cost savings and brand recognition, it uses most of the same sheet metal as the rest of the garden tractor lineup. Between the D series and C195 the only attachment that will not fit is the 60" deck for the C195, the rest will swap. Only the bean counters know why the line was discontinued

As for the D250 it was imported from Germany and by some accounts 2000 were imported. Only those attachments will fit it.

Hope this can answer some of your questions.

mdn1081

Thanks alot for the information. I only ask because In the future I may want to buy one of these 3pt machines. And now I know what swaps and what does not. But these are getting harder to find. It amazes me that people are scrapping them and not taking the time to sell them even if they dont run. But oh well. Thanks again