Sign in to follow this  
porlife00

A frame plow and rear attach bracket questions

porlife00

Ok guys I have been looking for a snowplow for my 1974 B-80 and have come to the realization that with shipping here to New Mexico and the actual cost of the plow its not going to happen so decided why not just make my own! I would like to make it as close to spec as possible so asking for help. I looked at the snowplow info thread and think I need the newer version of the A frame 64" from tail to swivel bolt but not totally sure. (if anyone can verify which I need it would be appreciated) Ok now with the questions...

I dont have the rear attach bracket and it looks pretty simple to make. I will be using a piece of angle iron 2"x3"x1/4". First, what size is the round bar that attaches to this bracket? From pics I cant tell if its 5/8" or 3/4" and has anyone ever had any issues with it bending. Second, how far up into the bracket does the slot for this round bar go and how well do the locking hinges work? Has anyone ever fabed up one like the mid attachment point for added security?

Ok now the A frame. How far does the frame stay parallel before it angles in and if anyone can get me the angle degree? :eusa-think:

As far as the blade I will be using an old water heater going for 42"s. I would just like to know the height of the blade so I can work the tube to size.

If anyone can give me some pointers with demensions, pics, etc it would be greatly appreciated.

KC9KAS

Check this out.

Lars

the round bar bolt is 3/4 = 19 mm

porlife00

Knusern

thanks for the info and yeah your snowplow build is what inspired me to make one for my horse. Still not sure if 64" is too long or the right size frame for my tractor.