Sign in to follow this  
Retired Wrencher

Carb Float Test

Retired Wrencher

:USA: :wh: What is a good test for floats. even if there is no rust or green oxidation. I have an original carb just wondering if I need to change the float. any info would be help full. Gary B.................

Martin

see if it will float in gasoline. you could hold it under and see if any air escapes from the float. if theres constant resistance and it wants to stay up on the surface of the gasoline then it should be ok. after its been in the gas for 5 min pull it out and shake it and see if any gas got inside. it will be noticably heavier if theres any gas inside as well. and if it leaks it will sink down below the surface as it takes on gas and gets heavier.

no gas inside or no bubbles when holding it under = good float

gas inside or bubbles = bad float.

Retired Wrencher

Thanks Martin. Hey can post some picks of you 1057??? Mine is under construction now. Here is a quick pick of it with its sister. Gary B.... 2brothers003.jpg2brothers004.jpg

Martin

well gary so is mine!!!!

heres a few pics for you.

how it was and how it is now.........

CIMG1100.jpg

CIMG1101.jpg

gallery_4321_61_983852.jpg

gallery_4321_61_279507.jpg

• Like 1

Retired Wrencher

Martin Very Nice so far it looks great. I see you and I think alike with the natural color bolts. I think it stands out. it adds a little separation from the red. I try to use different color on small parts like the battery plate and the screen on the flywheel. and other stuff. just a little difference makes it special I think. T/Care Gary B.............