Sign in to follow this  
donamy99

RAIDER 9 UPDATE #3

donamy99

Got my motor back today. Less than I thought-$300. Preping motor for paint. Decided not to paint fins on motor, because of heat and cooling effect. Hope I'm right. Any feed back would be appreciated. Thanks Don

jay in nc

i would paint it. i have a n.o.s. hh120 tecky and it is all white painted. just dont lay it on the fins too heavy. $ 300 for a shop rebuild ,good deal! jay

can whlvr

ya 300 is good,what did they do to it?i put more that 300 into a 12hp and had to do the assembly ,and thats aftermarket parts

Jake Kuhn

:text-worthless:

AMC RULES

...and the details of that motor rebuild. :popcorn:

donamy99

new piston, grind valves, rebuild carb, hone cyl., checked chargeing system. New question--- the plate the engine sets on has four holes, two on each side. One side the holes are 1 1/2" form side, the other holes are 1 1/4" from side, Mounting the engine, WHICH SIDE GOES TO THE OUT SIDE SO THE DRIVE BELT WILL LINEUP? I hope i'm asking this right.

post-5862-0-13946900-1329669972_thumb.jp

post-5862-0-05727100-1329669982_thumb.jp

post-5862-0-85200400-1329669990_thumb.jp

post-5862-0-87806100-1329670001_thumb.jp

post-5862-0-74927900-1329670011_thumb.jp

Irv

You might be able to put the model # in the "toro parts master viewer" and see it in a drawing.

Martin

i could be wrong, but from your pic i think it might go the other way. does the flywheel side hang down past the bottom of the oilpan at all?

just looked again at your picks and its hard to tell on the flywheel side if this is the case.

you could just mount it as is and get a long straight edge and see if the drive pulleys all line up.

somebody with more experience may chime in with a definite answer for you too.........

jay in nc

don , ijust got back from walking opal & mesuring my raider. the 1 & a half in holes are on the left side when sitting on the seat. jay

donamy99

Thanks Jay