Sign in to follow this  
Paul D.

Axle Bracket, Why does mine look different???

Paul D.

So I picked up an axle bracket from a tractor graveyard today. I came off of a c series with the same hydro transmission as mine so I thought I couldn't go wrong. (He was asking $30. I offered $25 per Kelley's advise and he took it). I wasn't sure I was installing it correctly so I pulled up the square to look at some pics for comparison. This is what I found

rearhitchinst.jpg

Mine looks like this

photo-2.jpg

As you can see mine is quite a bit different than the diagram. It looks like it should work but is it right? I need the help of some of you Horse Guru's :text-feedback: Thanks,

Forest Road

That's not an original WH hitch. And they mount under the axle.

TT

It's because yours is the rear hitch for an early tiller like the 7-1211 - not a dozer blade hitch.

Exhibit "A" :

edit:

AH-HA..... I thought I had a picture of my old one:

19697-1211.jpg

Paul D.

So does that mean that it won't work with the newer tiller or just not with a dozer blade? I run a blower in the winter so I am not to concerned with a dozer blade but I am picking up a tiller in about 3 weeks and I would like to have things pretty much ready to go before I get it home.

TT

The newer tillers are made to use the under-axle dozer blade hitch.

I don't know if there will be belt interference problems with the old-style hitch, but the belt will probably have to be longer since the tiller attaching point is behind the axle instead of under it.

Kelly

In my PM I said be sure it's the one that mounts under the axle and not the one that bolts in front of it, (all though this one mounts in the rear) that hitch may be to wide for the tiller to attach to, (new style tiller)

Paul D.

Well, I guess I still need an axle bracket. unless I modify this one to work. If its just a matter of it being to wide I can cut that cross bar shorten it and weld it back together. Thats only a 15min. job I can do on my lunch at work. Kelly, Do you know is there anyone ever looking for this style of bracket? I would hate to cut it up and modify it if someone else could use it as is. I could just pick up the right one for me.

Paul D.

I guess worst case I'm out $25. Not going to cry over that just wish I had done my homework a little better before I picked it up. Lesson learned. Next time I post pics and questions before I pull the trigger and buy it.

sorekiwi

Do you know is there anyone ever looking for this style of bracket? I would hate to cut it up and modify it if someone else could use it as is.

A couple of months ago I would have been interested in that bracket, but I did manage to get one from another member here. There are some other bits that go along with it though (to make a mid sixties tiller work), so just this rear bracket would just be one of the items on the list of needed parts.

Having seen your work on the bellcrank under the seat, I think that you should be chopping up a couple of bits of angle iron, and using a few of the bits and pieces that you have there to make a copy of the correct one.

You want some measurements?

Paul D.

That would be great!

sorekiwi

Paul, PM coming your way..

Kelly

When you stop in bring a pad of paper to draw up plans I have a few correct brackets here