bowtiebutler956

Hello from deep south Texas

bowtiebutler956

Newbie here!I just wanted to say, hello and tell you what a great forum you have here. I've found its information invaluable while restoring my B-80. I was able to find all the answers to my questions just by looking through this forum without even having to post a question. You have some very skilled people here that know they're horses. This is by no means a perfect restoration, but it does not have to be as it is going to be a worker, and someone in the past had already replaced the K181 with a K301 which is fine with me I like the extra power. This thing mows great, does'nt even feel like it is working with its 12hp and only a 36" deck. I am going to try to post some pictures, we will see how this goes, I have already tried once and failed. Thanks Matt

post-6076-0-59866300-1329093182.jpg

rexman72

welcome to the site and very nice tractor

AMC RULES

Really nice work Matt. :WRS:

Martin

:WRS:

matt, thats an awesome tractor youve got there........

:wwp: (more of them anyway!!!!)

Docwheelhorse

Hi--how far from the Alamo are you? Thats on my bucket list to visit someday.... just watched the newer movie yesterday... I watched the John Wayne version last month during Xmas with the Duke on AMC. Texas is tops in my book! :greetings-wavegreen: Welcome to Redsquare!

Kelly

bowtiebutler956

Well Doc I am about 200 miles south of the Alamo, but if you are ever in the area I would love to visit with a fellow wheel horse fan. I did try to load more pictures last time, but I was having a hard time, let me try again.

post-6076-0-50213600-1329098700.jpg

post-6076-0-99416200-1329098722.jpg

bowtiebutler956

It seems I have a limited amount of space per post so here are a couple more.

post-6076-0-61543100-1329098961.jpg

post-6076-0-94635900-1329099157.jpg

Martin

looks like your doing fine with loading pics. you should be able to load more than the two at a time though. once again that a very nice tractor there matt. nice attention to detail.

Martin

if you create an album in the gallery, then upload from your computer to the album, you should be able to load more and you dont have the 'attached thumbnails' header in there as well. i always leave two lines between pics to make sure they are separated and not next to each other.

Sparky

I really like that WH decal on the motor shroud. Can we get a close up of that?

Mike.........

bowtiebutler956

Wow you folks sure do know how to make a guy feel at home, I do appreciate all of the nice comments. Thanks Martin for the advice on the pictures, I will try that. I sure have enjoyed looking around this forum, and seeing other peoples project, some of them are just amazing. There are very few wheel horses in my part of the country, my dad owned a lawn and garden dealership here in the 80's when I was a kid and sold wheel horses for a few years, but he was the only one in this area, thats how I got turned on to wheel horses. I am partial to my 74 B-80 because it is the same year model I am but, its in so much better shape than I am. I sure wish someone could fix me up the way I fixed it up. Ha! Ha! My youngest son is so much like I was at his age, him and this B-80 are inseperable Anyway here are a couple more pics. Thanks again everyone. Matt

post-6076-0-01084500-1329101206.jpg

post-6076-0-69512800-1329101242.jpg

• Excellent 1

Martin

matt, you did an awesome job on that one. paint looks real nice. what method did you use to paint it?

also where did you get the seat?

bowtiebutler956

Sure sparky let me see what I can do. The 12hp kohler stick I got on ebay, the tag next to that is made from a peice of aluminum sheet metal that I used my number and letter stamps to make as the original sticker with the model, spec, and serial numbers was in bad shape, but I could still read it, so I transfered the numbers to this metal plate which should last a long time. I'm sorry the glare is really bad in these pictures.

post-6076-0-64545500-1329101904_thumb.jp

Martin

i think sparkys talking about this one, maybe?

post-6076-0-94635900-1329099157.jpg

bowtiebutler956

Say sparky I think I misunderstood, the sticker your talking about is the one that actually says wheel horse. I will get you a close up of that here in a minute. Martin on the paint job it was just a standard industrial enamel paint I go from the local carquest auto parts in IH red. I really should have done it in a base coat, clear coat, but that would have cost alot more.

post-6076-0-88996400-1329102539_thumb.jp

Martin

look like deestone tri ribs on the front. how do you like them?

bowtiebutler956

I got my b-80 sticker kit from redoyourhorse, but the stickers on the front grill and the back seat cam from a guy on ebay, and when they arrived he had given me an extra sticker for free that was kind of a purplish red and shiney, so I put it on the motor and it looked great.

Martin I love the tires they steer and feel great.

bowtieguy

Welcome to RS...any guy with a screen name like that can't be all bad!!....I have a good friend that spends the winter in your area...Tropic Winds RV Park.....but he is not interested in WH's.....but if you ever need a WH delivery I'll bet we could get him to haul it down to ya!

PS...nice pics...good stuff...

Jake Kuhn

:WRS: Very nice tractor you have! :handgestures-thumbup:

specialwheelhorse

WOW what a beauty. Welcome Deep south from way up north in the greatest

state. JIM

JC 1965

Mat :WRS: That tractor looks great. I am going to put a 12HP Kohler in my C-81 this summer. Are those LED head lights you have on the front? Also what size and brand of tires do you have on the front? :thumbs2:

gwgdog66

bowtiebutler956

One again, thanks for all the warm welcomes and compliments. Jerry to answer your question the headlights are not led but they work great. The front tires are 400x8 deestone tri ribs that I got from a place called Tucker tire on ebay for $40 a pair plus $15 shipping which I thought was a pretty good deal.

Terry M

Welcome to red square from Minnesota. Nice pics of your tractor!!! :text-welcomewave: