Sign in to follow this  
can whlvr

restored 36 inch thrower

can whlvr

so i got this thrower when i got the c160-8 roller,i guess its a 1975,seems odd to get a small thrower on a 160,anyway it was almost beyond repair,but since ive had too much time lately i did many,many hours of welding,then sand blasted it,new bearings,new idlers,new chain,sprocket and shaft were good,new shoot bushings,new cable,new rod for shoot,painted and tried it today,works ok and is much better suited for the 312 than my 42 inch ones,well here she is

001.jpg

002-3.jpg

608KEB

Snow thrower looks nice.

AMC RULES

:text-coolphotos: :text-datsphatyo: :beer:

varosd

wow! what is all that white stuff? your restore looks great! I did get to use the snowthrower once this year, the blade is sitting idle

Kelly

I put new drive gear, chain, idler sprockets, and bearings in my tall shoot blower but still have not even put it on a tractor.

dclarke

Nice job Don. :thumbs:

can whlvr

thanks guys,its true the way to make it not snow is be ready,that not very much for us at this time of year,its all ice under that little snow fall so it doesnt melt,but we dont have 4 inches in the bush even,never seen such weather

Electro12WH

What did you use for rotator cable?

can whlvr

i used weed eater(whipper snipper)line,sorry dont know what gauge as the lable is gone on the roll,its not the heaviest or the thinnest,this is the second one now since i read about it here on the forum,so far it works far better than the metal,it never binds and seems strong enough so far,not a real hard winter up here,but we got 4-6 inches this weekend and the newest rebuild works awsome,the auger is in real bad shape and it still throws the snow,im very pleased as i thought it would be a write off when i got it with another tractor and it is much better suited to the 312 then the 42,swhich is on the 160,and the other is sitting fight now,might sell one of the 42,swe dont get much snow like we used too,so i dont need 3 throwers