Sign in to follow this  
BairleaFarm

Where do you keep your tractors?

BairleaFarm

Seems that alot of you have several tractors. Where do you store them all? Where do you work on them?

Torino

I got really lucky when we moved. I went from no garage to three. We really got a deal on the house. I keep the tractors in the one outside and work on them in the one under the house. It is pure joy. No changing oil or working on them in the cold or the heat. I can go down there after dark to. Leave them all apart and work on them at my leisure.

hodge

I have two dusty, dirty barns. Not as nice as Torino's setup, but they are out of the weather, and I have plenty of room. B)

Teddy da Bear

I have most of them in my garage right now.

You see I grew up in a house with a two car garage that only had room for one car. I do not remember a time when the other side of the garage wasn't filled.

So I guess that gene was passed on to me. I have 6 of my tractors in the garage and two in the pole barn. The pole barn has wayyyyy to much other things to put any more tractors there.

I have a walk-out basement and I am thinking of putting a roll up door on it.

That way I could motor my tractors into the basement and work on them.

I am currently thinking of a way to build a structure so I could piggy-back them up against a wall to save space. We will see if that ever happens.

Deere Hunter

When we had the house built 10 years ago I made sure we had plenty of garage space. We have an attached garage with a 24x32 garage in the basement. Although 3 years ago I talked the wife into me building a 48x32 building. That worked fine, but now that one is all most full. Besides the WH's I have a few cars and trucks. Although both trucks and one car sits out. lol

Maybe I need a bigger building????

Jim_M

I have some in one bay of my garage, one tractor and several attachments in 10 x 12 storage shed and the rest are 22 miles away in a barn at the farm.

I wish I had room for all of them here, but right now I don't.

I also have some old cars and trucks, a couple at home and a couple at the farm and it's not the handiest situation when the one you want to play with is 22 miles away..

TT

13 in the shop, (12 downstairs & 1 upstairs) one in the little shed, two at the neighbors garage, and 4 outside. (only 1 of them is a WH) All of the "good" parts are in the shop (somewhere), and the "not so important" parts pile is between the shop and the little shed.

We had a thread started on this topic a few months ago.... I'll have to see if I can find it again. B)

illinilefttackle

B) Wheel Horse in the garage-Car out in the weather. Isn't that the way its supposed to be? AL

Curmudgeon

For now, I'm still storing them here:

9.11Linefront.jpg

I used to work on them here:

full.jpg

Now I don't have anywhere to work on them... B)

kpinnc

8 in the barn, the other two in my 16x20 building...

Kevin

TT

What what? WHAT did you find TT???

That old thread from back a few months ago. (seems like years now)

Almost had to call out the bloodhounds! :whistle:

I think there's another one floating around RS that has Kelly's barn in it, and another with a few other pics of buildings & sheds. B)

CasualObserver

I've got a two car attached/detached 26x22 garage (it's attached to the house, but you can't get to it without going outside!) When we bought the house it was only a single stall garage, but we doubled it so I could have some shop space. I have 5 tractors some attachments and my woodworking stuff in there. It's fully insulated and heated for the winter, though in the winter it gets crowded, because I also have to get the car in there. Oh, and there's four tractors out in the 10x10 garden shed too. Three on the floor and one up on a shelf and in boxes! To work on them, I have a cleared out space in the garage that I built a 2 foot tall work table. (got the idea from Dale). It's on casters so I can roll it around and push it in a corner if need be.

shop1.jpg

Curmudgeon

That work table does have a "suspiciously" familiar look to it!

Beats the heck out of bending over, especially once you're not so young anymore.

DMESS

15 in the basement, 3 in the garage, 2 under the porch, several in other places and not areal good place to work on them at the time being! A recent move has the "Hooked on Horses" "shop" out of commission at the moment.

Brrly1

Well I finally got around to taking pictures but the garage is still a mess. I also brought in some of the other things I have laying around that will eventually find a home. A few NOS things, for a 58rj + a GT14 and also a few used items like the front weight and the hood weight. My ol' buddy Steve alias (Refracman) keeps saying that the monkees (Planet of the Apes) will find this stuff before it gets used. I told him I really doubt that but he keeps insisting. Well anyway here's a coouple of the pictures. Also have my old plate and new plate thats on my truck. Have a good one Burly

DSC02648.jpg

DSC02654.jpg

Rollerman

John looks like some neat stuff sitting in front of that TV there...don't see many seats like that. B)

I will be doing something similiar in my shop soon for the RJ's & Suburbans.

nylyon

2 in the shed and 1 in the garage. Since the pickup is too big for the garage, I may put all 3 in there. Hey, that would give me more room to get some more now wouldn't it? :whistle:

John that is one NICE seat with arm rests you have there B)

Brrly1

Thanks guys,what I have down there on the floor from left to right would be a NOS belt guard for a 58 rj and also a NOS fuel tank with the fuel drop moved back away from the steering shaft which is also for a 58 o59 rj. A front weight to a suburban and a hood weight for the rj's. Then to the other side of my plates, there happens to be a GT14 seat, a NOS fuel tank and NOS muffler for the GT14, plus a NOS lift cylinder, plus I also have some new hoses and a few other things. Maybe one day soon I might dig out some of the collectables that I have stashed away. And yes the monkees will probably find them See Ya bye Burly

Brrly1

I almost forgot as far as the horse shelf goes I have the 57 + the 58 on top and then the same thing directly below them, the rest of the garage is packed with 4 GT's and one 1054 which I haven't snapped any pictures of as of yet, probably soon as its been around now for about 3 months.There is also 4 blades, 1 snow blower, 2 carts, a stack of tires, plow, disc, tiller and a whole bunch of other things to mess around with. Way to full, ok I'm done now. See ya Burly