Sign in to follow this  
Kelly

Wiring diagram needed for 1995 520

Kelly

I bought a new 9 pin connector for the engine to body harness, got that installed no problem, I also bought a new fuse block to replace the POS block the Po installed, but after pulling it I see he wired most of it to one fuse I need to know what wires are tied together, there are 6 wires one is power coming from the engine harness, but I'd like to put the others in correctly, I have other 520's but not this year. so a wiring diagram would be great, 1995 520H Thanks

sorekiwi

Kelly the "Demystification Guide" shows the same wiring schematic for all 520's 1991-97.

I can post the picture if you like or you can download it here:

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/index.php/files/file/10-wheel-horse-electrical-demystification-guide/

Look at page 442.

Also Chuck has been delving into his, it may be worth sending him a message.

Kelly

Ok I have it, now next question, I half ass-ed traced the wires before coming in the house, it shows a purple in the diagram to the fuse box, I believe mine is white in that spot, I know there are no purple going to the fuse box, I wrote all the colors down, but anyway, it looks as if the fuse box has two fuses with a common power, then the lighting fuse is separate, correct? if so I need to cut the tie between the fuse clips, as it came with the three fuses all tied together, this block is a correct replacement, but like I said the terminals on one side are all tied together.

I tried to post the diagram but I can't figure out how? but I did print it for my use.

sorekiwi

Looking at the diagram I think you are right Kelly.

2 of the fuses are powered from the 9 pin connector (live all the time), the 3rd fuse is powered from the ACC terminal of the ignition switch (live only when in the "run" position).

I replaced both the fusebox and the 9 pin connector on mine. I dont remember having to cut the terminal on the fusebox, but there are a lot of things I dont remember doing these days! Mine is a little different as well, its a 1990 model.

EDIT: I've woken up a little more now, had more coffee!

The 2 fuses are powered by the red wire from the 9 pin connector (which ultimately goes down to the hot side of the starter solenoid). The purple wire is an unfused power feed from the (unfused) side of the fusebox to the starter relay.

The ACC fuse is powered by a Pink wire from the ignition switch.

So the tie does need to be cut between the clips to seperate the ACC fuse and the other two.

Kelly

That is what it looked like to me, Thanks

Kelly

Well I finished up the wiring and all works like factory, looks good too, but you can tell the engine side of the harness came with the engine the wiring is a MUCH better grade, the tractor side was not, but I'm happy started with a bump of the key even after having the engine on the floor for a day.

• Like 1