Sign in to follow this  
caseguy

Hello

caseguy

Hello, my name is Steve and I'm a Wheel Horse addict! I'm fairly new to the hobby, but have been messing with farm tractors for many years. I've been a member for quite some time, I just thought I'd finally say hi. Love new look BTW!

Sparky

Steve...... :WRS: !!

So whats in your Wheel Horse stable?

Mike........

AMC RULES

Hey Steve :WRS:

VinsRJ

:WRS:

Jake Kuhn

caseguy

Sorry about that Sparky. I updated my signature, I hope that it shows up this time LOL.

c161rat

Welcome Steve

Rooster

Impressive list of Tractors...any pictures?

caseguy

I'm on the wife's computer right now. Why you ask...because we only have 2 computers and 4 children LOL! I'll get some pics up as soon as I can. There are several that I don't have pics of at the moment, and one that is not yet in my physical possession (but it's OK, because I'm holding his cultivators hostage until he delivers it).

caseguy

I'm gonna try to post some pictures, but I replied to another thread and it would only let me post one. So here it goes...

This is my second acquisition, and the actual beginning of the addiction.

It's a 1980 C-105. It runs like a top but smokes just a little on start-up.

post-3885-0-81072000-1328936395_thumb.jp

It's only gonna let me add one per post.

caseguy

This is my newest and coincidentally the working Hose of the herd.

It's a 1994 314-8. I've had it for about 12 years and it has done everything from pulling carts to breaking ground. It's my snow plow tractor and this year it's sporting a blower! (sorry no pics yet with the blower on it.)

post-3885-0-13844600-1328936994_thumb.jp

It also has a set of 23 X 10.5 X 12 Carlisle lug tires on it now as well as nice set of 4 X 8 tri-ribs and hub caps on the front.

caseguy

This was the one that really got me hooked.

It's a 1986 312-8 that was given to me by a friend and co-worker who coincidentally passed away just this morning.

He rescued it from his neighbor who's wife got it stuck in the mud in their yard and left it there for several years!

He took it home and then it sat out in back of his garage for several more years.

post-3885-0-14184900-1328937430_thumb.jp

This one will be restored in memory of a lost friend!

caseguy

This is one of my favorites!

This one is a 1968 Commando 6. It was in pretty sad shape when I brought it home, but all the sheet metal was there and the mower deck was still under it.

The PO had put an 8 HP Briggs on it as a re-power. I bought it and found a fairly correct engine for it. It's a Tecumseh HH60, but it's a newer type#. I modified a Kohler air cleaner and reworked a carb to work with what I had. It still has some governor issues, but it's a work in progress.

post-3885-0-22013400-1328937781_thumb.jp

caseguy

This is my 414-8 It's a strong runner, but not much of a looker. Another work in progress.

post-3885-0-76805700-1328938650_thumb.jp

caseguy

This is my 1958 RJ-58. I haven't had the chance to do much with this one yet. It's rougher than it looks even and will take a lot of work to bring it around. I'm searching for a correct engine for it and hope to start the tear down soon. Right now, the tranny is stuck in gear, so it's difficult to move around.

post-3885-0-05576000-1328938786_thumb.jp

caseguy

This is my 1960 401. It could by all rights be a 551 as well. It doesn't have the correct engine on it either and of course the model/serial number tag is missing. This one is a diamond in the rough too (Don't you love the creative paint scheme the PO came up with!)

post-3885-0-20108100-1328939114_thumb.jp

There are 2 more in my collection that I don't have pictures of.

The C-120 and the Raider 14. The C-120 is nothing special to look at and even more fun to drive. It's the only Hydro that I own (there's a reason for that!) and it desperately needs some adjustments to the control lever.

The Raider 14 is currently about 3 hours South of me, awaiting a ride home. I'll get around to it soon (I hope).

Rollerman

Steve, :WRS:

Looks like you have a good collection started, do you have any Case/IR GT's?

farmer

:WRS: Steve, all the :wh: answers are here. :thumbs:

caseguy

No Rollerman. I started the hobby with farm tractors several years ago and they're all Flambeau era Case tractors. I have an '52 SC, a '47 VAC, a '5? VA (parts machine), and a 52 'VAI. They came first and that's when I developed the handle...although now that I think of it, I had the 314-8 before I ever bought the first Case...

jay in nc

welcome to redsquare, I am also from western pa. ligonier, monroville,east pittsburgh,turtle creek,bakerstown,mars,callery,evans city,&franklin. mom flipped houses so we moved alot! where you from? jay holt now 25 years johnston county nc.

Kelly

JC 1965

Hello Steve and :WRS:

Rooster

This is my 1960 401. It could by all rights be a 551 as well.

Someone correct me if I am wrong here.

I am pretty sure the 5007 Transaxle makes that tractor a 551, the 401's had the 5010 3 piece transaxle.

I cannot really see it, but That tractor should also have a fabbed flat bar hood stand made to clear a battery, where as a 401 has a stamped sheet metal piece.

And I am not trying to correct you, more trying to further my own education, LOL!

That color is ...wow, lol! If that was th PO's Idea of how to treat a horse, I'd say you rescued it!

In any shape and any color, Love those Suburbans!

AMC RULES

:text-coolphotos: Nice RJ, and liked the Commando too. :thumbs:

gwgdog66