Sign in to follow this  
Rooster

B100 Hydro stuck

Rooster

First of all...I am Hydro ignorant.

Just got a B100...first question is, should it be able to roll when not running?

When it is running it will work fine sometimes, but then the Hydro will stick full bore forward. No matter what I do, disengage it, pulling back on the handle and stomping the brake, yelling profanities, nothing works...we are going forward....the only thing that stopped it was my truck!

Then it started working again, then it messed up again...

Tractor sit for 5 years at least.

Any Ideas?

Rollerman

Rooster pull the panel just ahead of the seat.

My guess is your cam & cam follower are worn, out of adjustment, or both.

With the panel removed the cam & cam follower sit on the front of the hydro faceing towards the front of the tractor.

Also double check the linkage...it's pretty straight forward so you should be able to see if anything is worn or broke.

Another tip once you get it all apart suport the back of the tractor on jack stands or cribbing so you can cycle the direction control lever from forward to reverse without the tires makeing contact with the ground.

Rooster

Thanks!

Another tip once you get it all apart suport the back of the tractor on jack stands or cribbing so you can cycle the direction control lever from forward to reverse without the tires makeing contact with the ground.

And my truck thanks you for that one, lol!

Kelly

And when not running no you will not be able to roll it, unless you release the tow valve it is behind the left tire pointing to the front of the tractor, should take a large screw driver to turn it, but many are froze, it only take a turn to release it, try not to push it with the valve closed, well most times you can't push them