Sign in to follow this  
Stigian

Snowplowing fun

Stigian

At the weekend the snow arrived, after missing out on plowing action last year I was determined to have some fun this year. :handgestures-thumbup::D

So.. Have a couple of photo's..

P2061580.jpg

P2061582.jpg

And of course a video ;)

http://www.youtube.c...u/1/UTzy928DSHg

I also had a quick chat with one neighbors who was out walking his dog's, and he mentioned that he has a Wheel Horse, that is away being fixed!!

He can't remember which model it is but knows it has a 16hp engine and has Toro on the decals..

Small world eh :)

AMC RULES

Boy Ian, those video's are sure getting slick. :bow-blue: Looks professionally done, is there a program you're using to make this possible? :scratchead:

WOW! :handgestures-thumbup: :handgestures-thumbup: I had to go back and watch that one again. :thanks:

Herbl

I second Craig's statement, what a great Wheel Horse video, great job.

Herb

meadowfield

awesome as ever Ian !!!!

how can I post a video when you are posting vids of this quality... plus your snow was a lot deeper than mine :)

darren

Nice one Ian, Superb video :)

dennist

Yeah, Very nice video-I also noticed you went with the jet fuel at minute 1:10, I bet you didn't think we would notice that one.

Raider10

:banana-skier: Wow. Worra cool vid. Must be nice to live somewhere fairly flat. Can't use my plough anywhere at all at my house! Boo Hoo! :bow-blue:

Anglo Traction

Nice One Ian, as aways ! .... I see you didn't even need Chains or weights !.

farmer

I know nothing about film making, but I recognise talent. And that was very slick. :thumbs: :thumbs:

neil

great vid ian , i hear some guy named speilburg is looking for a new camera man for his next film . maybe give him a call :ychain:

wheeledhorseman

State of the art video - must have been really hard to drag yourself out on such a cold day to make it. (Only kiddin')

Another triumph!

Andy

can whlvr

looks like your having a good time,thats more snow than we got all winter

Stigian

Wow, so many cool comments.. Cheers Guy's :handgestures-thumbup:

Boy Ian, those video's are sure getting slick. :bow-blue: Looks professionally done, is there a program you're using to make this possible? :scratchead:

WOW! :handgestures-thumbup: :handgestures-thumbup: I had to go back and watch that one again. :thanks:

Thanks Craig.. I use Sony Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 11 for video editing, quite a nice bit of kit and quite cheap unless you go for the "Pro" version..

I second Craig's statement, what a great Wheel Horse video, great job.

Herb

Ta-muchly Herbl

awesome as ever Ian !!!!

how can I post a video when you are posting vids of this quality... plus your snow was a lot deeper than mine :)

Thanks Mark, you should have a go at creating a few vid's it's quite fun..

Plenty of time left this winter for you to get more snow..

Nice one Ian, Superb video :)

Thanks Darren :handgestures-thumbup:

Stigian

Yeah, Very nice video-I also noticed you went with the jet fuel at minute 1:10, I bet you didn't think we would notice that one.

Lol, that jet fuel can come in handy for making Wh's look like they are going faster than they are :ychain:

:banana-skier: Wow. Worra cool vid. Must be nice to live somewhere fairly flat. Can't use my plough anywhere at all at my house! Boo Hoo! :bow-blue:

Thanks Raider :handgestures-thumbup: The area in front of the barn is the only flat bit around here.. Mark will tell you it's rather "up hill" getting here from the road :)

Nice One Ian, as aways ! .... I see you didn't even need Chains or weights !.

Cheers Richard, the 312 is heavy enough on it's own not to need weights.. It might have something to do with the "filled" rear wheels :eusa-whistle:

I know nothing about film making, but I recognise talent. And that was very slick. :thumbs: :thumbs:

Thank you Sir, kind words indeed :handgestures-thumbup:

Stigian

great vid ian , i hear some guy named speilburg is looking for a new camera man for his next film . maybe give him a call :ychain:

Sounds like a plan Neil... Have tripod, will travel :D

State of the art video - must have been really hard to drag yourself out on such a cold day to make it. (Only kiddin')

Another triumph!

Andy

Cheers Andy, it was a bit of a struggle as the wind was biting hard that day. But if I left it another day then there might not of been any snow left! As it turns out it's only really starting to thaw today..

looks like your having a good time,thats more snow than we got all winter

Yep a good (but cold) time was had in the snow.. It's the only "settling" snow we have had this winter.. No where as deep as last winter though!!

zieg72

Always a treat to see Ian in action...

rexman72

at least someones having some fun with snow.

Sparky

I finally watched your video with my wife ....and she watched the whole thing!! Usually she excuses herself from the room when I have a tractor clip showing :scratchead: .

Great job on the video and the tractor looks like it performed flawlessly.

Mike..........

jay in nc

that sure does look like fun! i haven't plowed with any horses in about 6 years. makes me want to get snow. not! great video. jay

Coadster32

Great stuff as always Ian. You are doing amazing work on the lathe as well. Keep it up!! :handgestures-thumbupright:

Stigian

Always a treat to see Ian in action...

Thanks Zieg :handgestures-thumbup:

at least someones having some fun with snow.

Have patience glasshopper, still plenty of snow time left this winter.

I finally watched your video with my wife ....and she watched the whole thing!! Usually she excuses herself from the room when I have a tractor clip showing :scratchead: .

Great job on the video and the tractor looks like it performed flawlessly.

Mike..........

Hi Mike, glad both your Wife and you enjoyed the vid :handgestures-thumbup:

Strangely enough, it's the only WH vid my Wife has been able to watch all the way through as well.. Weird!! :confusion-shrug:

that sure does look like fun! i haven't plowed with any horses in about 6 years. makes me want to get snow. not! great video. jay

Thanks Jay, yep fun it was. Glad you liked the vid :thumbs:

Great stuff as always Ian. You are doing amazing work on the lathe as well. Keep it up!! :handgestures-thumbupright:

Thanks Chris.

stevasaurus

WOW Ian...excellent video. I am going to have to look into that Sony thingy...you may have just created a monstersaurus. Thanks :)

Stigian

WOW Ian...excellent video. I am going to have to look into that Sony thingy...you may have just created a monstersaurus. Thanks :)

Thanks.. The good thing about using Sony Vegas is there are loads of "tutorial" videos for it on YouTube.. I'm not even scratching the surface of what it can do..