Sign in to follow this  
jb4249

854 snow plow mount

jb4249

I am restoring a rear mount snow plow for my 854. This did not come with my tractor. I bought the rear axle mount and rear mount snow plow and have it cleaned up and painted. Now I need to putit on my tractor. It looks to me that the rear axle moune mounts with the notches for theplow pointed down, and the levers swing in from the back. Is this correct? I plan on using a small piece of chain to attach to the lifting lever. I'll go out and try to get a picture of what I have so far, but I am just checking to see if I am going in the right direction so far. The plow blade itself is still at the welders shop.

TeddyBob

TT

It sounds like you have the newer hitch which would mount under the axle housing.

Here's a not-so-good picture of one mounted on a much newer tractor:

052808005.jpg

If the hitch you have looks like that one, the notches point down and the latch lever handles point to the rear when closed.

TT

Yes, the latches are on backwards.

That could possibly be a BD-4264 dozer blade. (or equivalent)

Here's the illustrated parts list if it will help: LINK

jb4249

Thanks Terry, that helps. I'll see if I can turn them around tomorrow and hang the mount.

Ted

squonk

When I was a kid our 64 604 had the mounts so the levers were foward right from the dealership. I remember what a pain it was mounting the plow. Then I saw pic on here with them pointing backwards and thought they were on wrong but much easier to use. Who would have thunk it was the dealer who did it wrong. :naughty:

jb4249

I turned them around and the plow mount went right on. I was able to measure and cut the chain for the lift. Hopefully I'll get the rest of the parts on it tomorrow and pick up the blade from the welder's shop this week. All I need now is snow. 50 degres this week.

Ted