Sign in to follow this  
nylyon

Snow Blower list assist spring

nylyon

My blower doesn't have the lift assist spring or the tab on the flag to attach it to. Does anyone have a spring you could measure for the dimensions?

Rollerman

I don't have the dimension of the spring, but made my own setup with some trampoline springs.

I'll ask a friend tommorrow about his...he has a blower on a 416-8 with the lift assist spring.

Stephen in northern IN

spring.jpg

Curmudgeon

I've made my own assist springs too, but they don't help much. The stock setup is a short, very stiff spring. For it to be adjusted to help much at the top of the lift, it'll practically hold the snowthrower off the ground when lowered. Adjust it to leave some weight at the bottom so it won't just ride up and over, and there is little assist at the top.

I used two, longer, lighter weight springs which are more consistent, but mostly I just have a large left bicep.

Dale, lopsided, in Michigan

kj4kicks

This all sounds like a good excuse, I mean "reason" to but another Horse. One with hydraulic lift!

Eldon.

nylyon

I was actually posting this for someone else who I hope will join us. I haven't lifted my blower manually yet, I have only had it on the 416 and now the 120, both hydro's. From my perspective, the blower lifts just as easily as the mower deck :D