elixir20

Hydro foot pedal installed...Thx Matt

elixir20

I took m 416-H up to Matt's house this morning. He installed (don't ask about my mechanical ability) the hydro foot pedal kit that he is selling now. What a difference it makes. There is a real precise level of control now that was not available with the OE column lever.

Here is the view of the two new pedals. Previously there were no pedals here. FYI...The dedicated brake pedal on the left side is unaltered.

002.jpg

Next is the OE lever for foward / reverse. We left this in place with the linkage removed.

011.jpg

Final view of the whole unit now.

016.jpg

IMHO this is a real improvement for any of the tractors with this type of motion control lever. Anyonw with some mechanical ability will have this kit installed in no time. Thanks to Matt for installing this and a great job on the kit!

AMC RULES

:icecream: Nice modification. :thumbs:

1maidenfan

Great addition to any tractor! Need to talk Matt into fabricating one of those for my 1973, 18-auto. Now with a loader one of those is almost a must. :handgestures-fingerscrossed::happy-wavemulticolor: :text-thankyoublue:

Don1977

As Clint Eastwood said a mans got to know his limitations, but you got it installed that all that counts. Looks Great.

Forest Road

Time to take a grinder to the "brake" letters. Very nice!

elixir20

Good eye there Forest Road...I don't need to confuse myself any further!

GT14

Nice idea, I am going to attempt it on my GT 14

mattd860

I took m 416-H up to Matt's house this morning. He installed (don't ask about my mechanical ability) the hydro foot pedal kit that he is selling now. What a difference it makes. There is a real precise level of control now that was not available with the OE column lever.

Here is the view of the two new pedals. Previously there were no pedals here. FYI...The dedicated brake pedal on the left side is unaltered.

IMHO this is a real improvement for any of the tractors with this type of motion control lever. Anyonw with some mechanical ability will have this kit installed in no time. Thanks to Matt for installing this and a great job on the kit!

I was a real pleasure having you over today Adam. I'm glad you are enjoying this kit. Hopefully we get some more snow so you can test the machine with the blower.

Time to take a grinder to the "brake" letters. Very nice!

Yeah I was thinking about doing that to my pedal. Ideally, I would like to mount a diamond plate over the pedal or something like that.

Nice idea, I am going to attempt it on my GT 14

I really don't know if this will work on the GT14 but I will look at the diagrams available from Toro. I do have a 1979 C161 (non-black hood) and it doesn't appear that this kit will fit. When I get more time I will do more investigating.

mrocket49

I finished my install today also on a 1981 C-175. It works great! Like someone else said, it makes driving your Wheel Horse more fun than normal. The kit is really high-quality, probably about the same as Wheel Horse would have made. I don't see any weak points in it so it should last as long as the tractors. The hydro cam would probably be the first wear item over time but just keep it lubed it should be fine. I'm glad I installed it. Thanks for putting the time into this design, Matt.

Kevin Lipscomb

Would like to have one on my 520H and 516H. Does your kit fit the late 80's 500H series tractors? Shifter is down on the floor console. If you making these and selling them can you IM a price? Thanks Matt

mattd860

Would like to have one on my 520H and 516H. Does your kit fit the late 80's 500H series tractors? Shifter is down on the floor console. If you making these and selling them can you IM a price? Thanks Matt

Kevin, these kits will easily fit those tractors and kits are available. I sent you a message regarding the details. Thanks

SALTYWRIGHT

MAT I HAVE A GT-14 THAT I CAN BRING UP TO YOU TO SEE IF IT WILL WORK ON IT. RUSS

mattd860

MAT I HAVE A GT-14 THAT I CAN BRING UP TO YOU TO SEE IF IT WILL WORK ON IT. RUSS

Russ - I really don't think my kit will work on the GT-14. I looked at some of the pictures on the forum and it doesn't appear that a right foot brake pedal can be mounted to the GT-14. If you can take the floor panel and right side panels off and then take a few pictures of each area that would be very helpful. You can send pictures to mattdarling02@hotmail.com.

If you would rather, you can take a trip over to Salem, Ct next Saturday morning because I should be available to check over the machine. But I am 99% sure the kit is not compatible with the GT-14. You need to buy a 520-H :)

ditchdigger25

It didn't take very long to install the kit my 520 is the coolest tractor on the block.Great job Matt the directions and the pictures are easy to follow :bow-blue: already ordered another kit.

Pcyco13

How do I purchase one of your kits for my 416H Matt?

RED-Z06
45 minutes ago, Pcyco13 said:

How do I purchase one of your kits for my 416H Matt?

That was 11 years ago...no idea 8f its still around

• Thanks 1

Pcyco13

I see that he updated the information on it recently and has raised the price to $330.00.

I sent him an email to the Hotmail address provided in it. We'll see if I get a response.

Pcyco13

Push comes to shove I can machine one up myself. 

Bill D
22 hours ago, Pcyco13 said:

Push comes to shove I can machine one up myself. 

Can't wait to see it