Sign in to follow this  
mattd860

Wheel Horse Work Day --- Come Join Me at My House!

AMC RULES

Will you be providing :wh: fuel on site Matt, or will this be a BYOF event? :teasing-poke:

Ken B

I'm not speaking for Matt but I think most guys would be more than happy to pay for their own fuel to be able to help a fellow member. Not to mention all the joy of putting their Horse's to work. By the responces so far it seems that quite a few guys might show up. On site fuel could get mighty expensive. Its too early for me to commit but if I'm able to make it I'll bring my Economy with its loader or my Power King with a push blade.

bowtiebutler956

I would sure love to be there but 2000 miles :scared-eek: . As far as me having one here, that would probably be the most expensive get together this site has ever seen fuel wise :text-lol: but it would be fun.

bowtiebutler956

Sorry I just realized craig was talking about the other Matt. oops. :text-lol:

Hydro

Last time I went to Matt's house it was 2000 miles and 4 tanks of gas but there was a really nice 314 waiting for me. I will have to pass this time. :flags-canada:

mattd860

Will you be providing :wh: fuel on site Matt, or will this be a BYOF event? :teasing-poke:

Lol! I don't have enough gas tanks to store all that fuel! I really don't think any of us will use more than a tank of gas - unless only one or two people show up :). The more that come the less gas we use!

ben06351

Cool Idea. I'll try and make it to this "Real" tractor show. I would like to meet a few more members. I'll bring the 520HC with the doser blade, I can bring a drop spreader/aerator too if ya need it.

mattd860

Don't forget about the workday! An excavating company is currently at my house grading off a small part of land for me in preparation for spreading the topsoil.

Oh - minor change - instead of spreading 30 yards, we're spreading 100 yards :)

The excavator is going to push it into a bunch of smaller piles for us to make it easier.

mattd860

Guys - I have some semi-bad news. The contractor that's hauling the 100 yards of topsoil to my house has offered to bring a bulldozer and grade all it for me for a very very low price (less than $400). So I've decided to let him do it because I think it's too much for all of us to spread all that topsoil.

This doesn't necessarily mean that there will be nothing left for us to do. There may be some windrows left over but I won't know until after he's finished. There will also be some rolling and seeding left to do. At this point I'm not sure if I'm going to cancel the event or still have a meet-n-greet with a little bit of play time in the dirt.

What is the general consensus here? If I have the workday, please tell me if you're coming by replying below. Thanks.

CRE1992

I was coming up, because I have a delivery to make :happy-bouncygreen:

SALTYWRIGHT

JUST KEEP US UP DATED. RUSS

mattd860

Everyone - sorry but this event is definitely cancelled. I ended up needing 240 yards of screened topsoil to cover the area plus another area of land that I cleared out. I think it would have taken us days to spread all this out so I had a large bulldozer do it in 6 hours.