Sign in to follow this  
donamy99

front plow blade for Raider 9

donamy99

See pics, Got the front plow blade with the WH when I brought it in 1975. Never used it. How does it attach to the horse? Have an attachment for mower,see pics. Does blade fit the Raider 9, year 1968? Got everything sanded and primed. All my fingers are a 1/4" shorter. All goes well, I will have it ready for the M&G, April 28, in NC. Thanks Don.

post-5862-0-81689900-1328281554.jpg

post-5862-0-35510600-1328281555.jpg

post-5862-0-75665200-1328281555.jpg

post-5862-0-23714700-1328281556.jpg

post-5862-0-77880100-1328281556.jpg

CasualObserver

That blade doesn't even come close to fitting your Raider. I'm going to guess it's from some sort of old two wheel walking tractor. I'm not familiar with the design. Without some trip springs, I don't think I'd try to put that on a riding tractor.

Kelly

That is for sure NOT a WH blade, not sure what it is for?

donamy99

Well---- OK, would anybody like to buy an antique plow blade? At least, I want have to finish painting it.

AMC RULES

Well, you've got it to the point where you could easily modify it to work as a trip blade on a :wh: tractor, but it definitely isn't one at this stage. I think if you wanted to you could source all the parts to accomplish the modification from ebay, or fab them up yourself, but you'll have more time and money invested in it than it's worth. Original condition wheelhorse plows aren't too dificult to find, and there's all kinds of price points out there too. My two cents, for what it's worth.

Here's a post that might help you decide if it's a project you are willing to tackle or not. Either way, good luck with it. :)

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/index.php/topic/29381-home-made-snowplow-frame-and-plowblade/