Sign in to follow this  
mailman

C-100 does easy work!

mailman

My C-100 that I got from Eldon has been pretty busy pulling my version of $142 a barrel from out of the woods. Take that OPEC! Or rather, KEEP IT!

Each round I split makes me smile thinking about all the oil I won't be buying this winter or the next. Who knows what it will be next year.

My 'horses and my Stihl chainsaw and a lot of sweat (aka exercise) will keep my family warm, my wallet a bit heavier and most importantly, my WIFE HAPPIER!

That makes everyone happy! B)

057.jpg

Sparky

Thats the way to use yer horse Eric B) . Its amazing what a 10hp cast iron Kohler in our old tractors will do.

Mike............

PS...Hows the charging system?

T-Mo

Eric,

That's a nice looking tractor you have there. Nice load also. That 10 hp probably didn't work too much of a sweat either pulling it.

Teddy da Bear

Nice shiney tractor!

But the hood decals look different than my C-100. Those side decals look exactly like my Raider 10 decals. Maybe yours is a different model year.

mailman

Yeah Terry, I doubt the tractor even felt the load. Even uphill!

Mike, I still haven't checked out the charging system. It keeps the battery charged, but that clik clik clik each time I try to start it is still there. I usually turn the key about a dozen times and if it doesn't turn over I jump the solenoid and it starts right up. I wish it was just the solenoid, thats an even switch out.

mailman

Nice shiney tractor!

But the hood decals look different than my C-100. Those side decals look exactly like my Raider 10 decals. Maybe yours is a different model year.

I know the decals are different. It was painted so I figure whatever decals were around when it was done, were slapped on. Mine is a 1974.

Teddy da Bear

I totally understand and agree with whatever decals were around.

I was just curious. Perhaps mine has the wrong decals....lol

WheelHorse_of_course

When you jump the solenoid are you jumping input to output (e.g. the two large terminals) or from the small terminal to the battery (input) terminal?

If it works jumping from the small terminal, then we know the solenoid is "OK" (though onl OK not perfect.

I would remove the wire form the small terminal, wire brush the terminal and the lug on the wire.

Then follow that wire and clean the other end (at the ignition switch most likley) in the same way.

Odds are 3 to 1 that will solve it!

Good luck.

Stigian

Its always good to see a Wheel Horse in it's natural (working) enviroment B)

It's even better if the said Horse helps pay it's way B)

Oh and keeping the Wife happy is a bonus :whistle: B)