Sign in to follow this  
JohnnyO64

Question about a Mower deck that I interested in buying

JohnnyO64

Hi Folks, new to RS and my 2nd post. So here it goes.....

I have a C120 1977 WH, and I need to get a mower deck for it. I just purchased the C120 about 2 weeks ago. Need some help, There is a local contact that has a mower deck for sale. Can anyone tell me with the picture that I am attaching will this mower deck fit my C120? I have been told that this mower deck is a mulcing mower, and can be used as a rear discharge also. Will it easily connect to the tach-matic? The seller has been helpful and seems to be asking a fair price for it. I just dont want to get burned on it. Any advice or further insight on it would be appriecaited.

jay in nc

looks like a right nice 42 in. rear discharge deck .if it has the one piece mulching insert in it it is removable, then just put the blades back on or get a newset of 3 for a rd deck it will go right on your c120 jay

Duff

I have to agree with Jay - that's a fine looking deck! Should fit your C120 just fine!

Duff :thumbs:

AMC RULES

Looks virtually NOS.

WH854

:WRS: Looks good to go to me, I am guessing M/N 15-42RC02 :thumbs:

Chas

TT

I am guessing M/N 15-42RC02

Keep going, Chas.....

it's a 78355 ~ 1993 to 1998.

WH854

I am guessing M/N 15-42RC02

Keep going, Chas.....

it's a 78355 ~ 1993 to 1998.

I guess close don't win the prize :ROTF:

Chas

JohnnyO64

Thank you guys for your quick replies!! WOW great to hear!! Man what a great source RS is, can't be more happier with being a part of this forum. I will definitely hook up with the seller this weekend. Will let you know once purchased and home, how well it hooks up and works. Thanks again for your help and kindness. Much oblijed

John

can whlvr

if you arnt aware you need the mule drive for the front,the one for the belt,see if it comes with the deck too,because you have to have one

Scrumpy

Looks like the mule is right there in the bottom of the picture.

-Scrump

can whlvr

yes i missed that,it is in the pic which is a bonus,ive got a few that didnt have them,and they never seem to have the belt gaurds

SAM58

Nice looking deck, they are getting harder to find....

you should have no problem using it with your WH.

JohnnyO64

Hey Gents, picked up the 42 inch Recyler mower deck today. Fits right on the 1977 C120 no problem, blades turn great and I even cut some of the lawn to try it out, and it mulches the grass great. One question i have, when the mower deck is in the lifted up position, the right side is higher then the left side. Reading through some of the different manuals it says to adjust the "transport level stop adjustment, by moving them up or down in the bracket slots. I tried that and it corrected it a bit, but does anyone have any other thoughts to correct it better? Let me know, thanks John

TT

When the deck is in the fully-raised position, the rubber "pads" on the draft arms should lightly contact the bottom of the footrests.

If they don't, you'll have to tighten the nut above the trunnion on the lift lever arm.

Here's a link to the parts drawing for the lift mechanism.

#27 in the drawing is the nut you'll need to tighten.