Sign in to follow this  
squonk

Where does everyone stay?

squonk

Where does everyone stay who's not camping at the show? I see Carlisle is having their GM national meet so I'm sure their hotels are prety much booked. I'm looking into Gettysburg right now.

rmaynard

Go to WheelHorseCC.com and click on the show page. There are lodging suggestions there.

Sparky

I stay at the Blue Sky and although its not a "fancy place" it's fine for a place to crash and grab a hot shower in the morning. Nice and close to the show and the Apple Bin Grill. Its just my son and I and we are not picky. My wife might not like it but she ain't going.

Mike........

AMC RULES

:ROTF:

squonk

Looks like I'm narrowed down to the blue sky, it's sister North Ridge, or the Days Inn in Carlisle. Just need to find out if anyone's going with me or not.

rmaynard

Get in touch with Stevasaurus. I think that he has stayed in Chambersburg the last couple of times.

squonk

Get in touch with Stevasaurus. I think that he has stayed in Chambersburg the last couple of times.

Will do that!

bowtieguy

Will do that!

If I ever go to the show again....I'll stay at Chambersburg...no question...Rate was 49 bucks and Waffle House next door.....will never stay in Getty again.

specialwheelhorse

there is nearly always room in Chambersburg and that's not really far from the show.

Trouty56

I'm a local guy here and I can tell you...Chambersburg is a closer drive than Carlisle imho.

Trouty56

Of course if you want a colonial style room for a measly 150 - 200 a night you could always stay here.....only 5 miles away...breakfast included....lol

http://www.cashtowninn.com/#

squonk

Looks like the North Ridge on Biglerville Rd. Just made the resi.

71_Bronco

Last year, I took a trip down to the Carlise All Fords Show at the begining of June. I decided I was going 2 weeks before the show, and almost everything was booked solid.

I ended up staying at a place called "Microtel Inns & Suites" in a town called Enola. Very nice place, and it is literaly right off 81, so it's super easy to get down to carlisle. You also have the choice of going in the back way, by going west on 944, and then south on Spring Road, and that drops you in the back way. It's a little ways away (5 or 10 minutes), but it was quite, & away from all the hustle & bustle.

http://www.microtelinn.com/hotels/pennsylvania/enola/microtel-inn-and-suites-enola/hotel-overview?hotel_id=31979&campaign_code=IP_Local

Trouty56

Enola is a good shot away from Aville...most likely 45 minutes. Got to go down 81, then down 34 to Biglerville, then 234 towards Aville then a couple routes to the grounds.

Squonk...when you leave Biglerville and head across 234 to Aville you will come to a 3 way stop sign. Go straight there and keep going straight. You will eventually come out at the grounds on the north side.

Docwheelhorse

I have always been happy with the Blue Sky, it ain't fancy but it has AC, a pool for the kids, and is clean. Its straight out of the 70's but it sure as heck beats camping at the show (in anything but a camper) and taking the chance you get caught in rain or way hot temps. I have already reserved my room (back the first week of January) and they where already getting close to full for our show weekend.

Tony

rmaynard

I have nothing against the guys that stay in hotels and motels, and under any other situation, I would be right there too. However, camping at the show is one of the most enjoyable parts of the show. Bratwurst and steak cooked over an open fire, smores, homemade cookies and pies, and all the stories, along with the smell of bacon frying in the morning...the camaraderie of the campsite is something that just can't be duplicated.

buckrancher

I have nothing against the guys that stay in hotels and motels, and under any other situation, I would be right there too. However, camping at the show is one of the most enjoyable parts of the show. Bratwurst and steak cooked over an open fire, smores, homemade cookies and pies, and all the stories, along with the smell of bacon frying in the morning...the camaraderie of the campsite is something that just can't be duplicated.

x2 Bob :text-bravo: under the sappy tree's can not be beat

Brian

squonk

I would agree to that. Camped many times at Pocono and Dover for the races. My problem is one of the guys supposedly going with me would have to be carried around all day if he slept on a sleeping bag for a night! :sleeping-yellow::sleeping-sleeping: :sleeping-drool:

rmaynard

My problem is one of the guys supposedly going with me would have to be carried around all day if he slept on a sleeping bag for a night! :sleeping-yellow::sleeping-sleeping::sleeping-drool:

Three years ago I never thought that I would be sleeping on the ground again in my life. But, I'm like a kid again at the show. Besides, I ride around all day on a 'Horse'.

bowtieguy

And if you stay at the blue sky (I call it the Blue Moon...MJ's favorite).....you'll never get to feast on ole Jerry's famous Road Kill Stew!!!

AMC RULES

So...if Gettysburg is so close, why doesn't anybody like staying there? :scratchead:

Maybe too expensive, and too many tourists...that time of year? :popcorn:

Never been, so I don't know...sounds like a neat place though. :eusa-think:

Trouty56

Tourist prices are in affect all summer Craig. I don't know how steep but they are higher during the "season".

Of course if the Civil War interests you then it may be worth a stay.

Example....Super 8 in Gettysburg now...47 bucks.....then 117 bucks.....

Hey...maybe you could stay in the kids old tree house. 2 bunks...a VCR...picnic table.....fire pit...all poolside.....

Winter pic attached....not this year thought...lol

post-1933-0-50481700-1330701949_thumb.jp

• Like 1

AMC RULES

Starting a bed and breakfast, are you Bob? :thanks:

Trouty56

I slept in that thing a few summers when the kids were little...just sits there now. Better get up there soon and check it out....