Shuboxlover

What's that smell???

Shuboxlover

2012-01-28_22-12-56_567.jpg

:teasing-neener:

dennist

Nice!

joel_400

Looks to me like it may be due to the color...or maybe that emblem stating that the engine in there goes rattle, rattle, stink, stink! Haha it would be nice to have a diesel though! Have fun working with it i know i would!

Joel

• Like 1

AMC RULES

oops! :text-imsorry:excuse me. :text-offtopic:

Sparky

How about a wide angle shot of the rest of it....please?

Congrats on yer new ride!

Mike......

stevebo

That smells ... but not becuase of the diesel..... :)

Jake Kuhn

How about some pictures of the complete tractor?

Shuboxlover

Boy...you guys are funny. BUT..............Ive said the same things. I can honestly say that this will MORE than likely be my only green one. I still love the horses and love tinkering with them. This John Deere stuff is just waaaaay to expensive to collect compared to the horses. This is a sweet machine though. 1307 hours....1985...no three point but i have one located. I would love to get a rear PTO setup for it so I could run my D's tiller on it, but the 430 is 2000 RPM right? Do they make reducers or a 540 RPM for the 430? I am sooo new to this JD stuff it's not even funny. But the first time I layed eyes on one I was in love!!! Aren't those back tires rediculous?!?!?!?!?!?

Started the day by leaving at 6:00 am, drove to Sioux Falls SD to pick the machine up....THEN drove to Story City IA to pick up a 60" deck for it (blew a tire on the trailer, luckily I had my spare with me) then drove back to home and arrived at 9:30 pm (Firth, NE).....4 states, 875 miles, $175 in fuel, 1 blown tire, and 1 bad A$$ machine.

I think I did pretty good with it...I got the tractor for $2000 and picked up a 60" deck for $615 (complete with all hangers and drive shaft) The deck is probably a 6 or 7 out of 10.

sooo....without further ado...

2012-01-29_08-26-03_975.jpg

2012-01-29_08-26-15_671.jpg

2012-01-29_08-26-27_625.jpg

2012-01-29_08-26-59_184.jpg

2012-01-29_08-27-14_235.jpg

T-Mo

Congratulations. Nice tractor. It looks to be in good shape and those hours are very low. I'm envious.

Go over to www.weekendfreedommachines.com and join up. You can register your tractor over there and learn more info on your new machine. Pick up a 3 point and a plow, get some rear lug tires. Maybe a 54 inch front blade. Again, congratulations.

Rollerman

The tractors pretty nice for a greenie, but what kind of rig do you have that will haul tractors & go 875 miles on $175 dollars of fuel!

SALTYWRIGHT

MY DIESEL WHEEL HORSE IS NOT A SMOKER. YOU WILL LIKE THE DIESEL. RUSS

Sparky

The tractors pretty nice for a greenie, but what kind of rig do you have that will haul tractors & go 875 miles on $175 dollars of fuel!

Thats a good question. My truck would have been almost $300 in fuel for a ride like that.

Mike..........

DoctorHfuhruhurr

Very Nice!!! I like John Deere's too (and they never sold out).

Shuboxlover

07 Chevy extended cab

Kelly

Sharp tractor you will like it, they are very tuff, I think the tiller will not work it turns the wrong way, but check to be sure, and 17.5 MPG is about right for that truck even with a trailer.

kloe0699

Nice, nice, nice.... I learned about some green in the process, that series seems to be a good one to have. Nice grab..

Ken B

Nice machine, it should be able to tackle just about anything. Pretty good on the fuel mileage, the pig I drive would have cost twice that much!

IthacaJeff

The JD 430 is a beautiful machine no question. I'm pretty sure my late '80s Deutz-Allis

1920 (Simplicity Sunstar) has the same rear end and hydro combination.

Jeff