Sign in to follow this  
Shuboxlover

The Dark Side!!!!!!!!!!!!

520HC

I gave $2500 for my last 420 I bought,with 700 original hours, and 60" deck.

Shuboxlover

I do like the 400's and 420's..............maybe someday :laughing-rofl:

floor-it

Hello Shuboxlover,

I purchased a slightly used JD X575 exactly a year a go this week. I always wanted a 4x4 tractor with power steering. It is a very well designed and built tractor, however I have quickly discovered a weakness. The JD does not cut the grass as well as the Wheel Horse, period. It has a 54" deck. Even with razor sharp blades the JD seems to bend over the longer blades and will not produce a perfect level cut. I think this is because the blades are too thick and they must be fanning the grass prior to actually cutting it.

Aside from this, the tractor is very good. It does burn a lot of gas as mine has a 2 Cyliner 22 HP Kawaski Engine. The prices are high on these machines and I purchased mine at half price with a 54" plow and the quick hitch front blade attachment, and also included a JD 10P cart. The tractor had 180 hours of light duty use on it. I paid $6500. New price on this tractor with the attachments would be $13K.

Good luck with the 430, sound like you got it at a steal like price. I had always wanted either a 420 or 430 for the same reasons, power steering a full hydraulics for the attachments. Tractors and bulldozers are just plain fun!

Gary